OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ah-citydeath1-10-7-12-1349630759.jpg
Some interesting development in some worlds on World of Warcraft. An entire population of players and NPCs have been killed due to an exploit that Blizzard have recently patched after the incident. The following phenomenon occured in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Tarren Mill, Ragnaros, Draenor, Twisting Nether, and possibly other servers.

Source

Reactions: 13 people

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of that time me and pretty much every other horde player on my server raided Stormwind because we had a giant dragon flying above Orgrimmar and we felt badass. Good times indeed. (also bugs have killed a lot of players before, like one time some killer debuff accidently left a dungeon and spread like crazy)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
clarky aside it has been half an hour and no series of bad jokes or even one reference to that Southpark episode? I am not sure what that means.

Wonky as they all are on youtube but I guess I will go it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCCr9nDJYs

Reactions: 2 people

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is pretty amusing to say the least. It just goes to show you that after nearly 10 years, World of WarCraft is still one of the most poorly designed games when it comes to the overall game world as well as characters themselves. Still far too many problems with WoW for what you are paying every month and it's getting even worse every time we see these kinds of exploits. Zone exploiting still exists and is something the developers seem to ignore despite the fact that it would break gold selling if they fixed it permanently.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Due to an exploit? How?!

Is this like that infamous corrupted blood plague incident, where a contagious debuff that was not supposed to leave a specific dungeon, got out into the main world and infected everything and everyone?

Reactions: 3 people

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Seen it before on Mabinogi. It was even worse there, since there's a lot of actions that you require NPCs for, such as repairing equipment (which can break pretty rapidly), so when all the NPCs were dead (it wasn't just a city or two, it was almost every non-fightable NPC) the game pretty much came to a halt. Did I mention that many dungeon entrances were classified as NPCs and thus couldn't be used? Also this went on for multiple days.

Thankfully some guy released a hack that let you still talk to dead NPCs so you could still repair/shop and do story quests (though you still couldn't sacrifice items to certain dungeon entrances).

http://i46.tinypic.com/xfb23q.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/s49x1v.jpg

NPCs without a proper death pose were... uh...
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ev8b3o.jpg

D

Deleted-236924

Lol!

Maybe they need the Sword of a Thousand Truths to prevent that from ever happening again.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is like the blood plague incident all over again.
I can see why scientists are interested in this game after all since it can literaly replicate plague incidents and see how the players will react in such an occasion. LOL!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it