Hacking Every wii hacker should read this and try to figure this out.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using gamma successfully? I'm confused as to how you're running two backup loaders (gamma and usb) which both require a custom IOS and one is working and the other isn't. Maybe I'm not understanding something here.

edit: maybe since it's originally a korean wii could have something to do with it. Different common key maybe?

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhavalg said:
Mark McDonut said:
I think your cIOS problem is because you have a chipped korean wii. It's my understanding that wiigator's backup launchers don't work unless you have a cIOS installed already, you may be booting backups because you're chipped but can't boot usb loader games since it's calling an IOS you don't have.

Are you sure you're not Hardmodded?

hi there
i already mentioned that i cant run the isos from the disc channel.

i use gamma loader, i think that means that i am not hard moded..

any ways thanks for the reply.

when u try to install the new ios from boot.dol.........have u tried network instead of wad installation......cuz wad installation can give u ret -1.....try a network install...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Mark - He may just have an older cIOS, like rev7. Rev7 will let gamma work, but not USB Loaders...He just wants to install a newer cIOS on it, so USB loader works.

Also, as per Dr4c0 - try network install. I've gotten ret = -1's a couple times from wad installs of it.

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Well first of all if you are wondering if your wii is korean it is but they use anyregion changer to install usa firmware when they mod it it. Second try to download any title deleter and see if they already installed an old version of the cios just search if their is ios 249 in their if an old one is installed just delete it this fixed the probem for me.

You just made my day mate. A noob helped a noob out. Thanks a ton dude....

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thank you all who took pains to read this post and try helping me out. as Dragon Master said, it was just about deleting the IOS249 and then installing the cIOS. Once again thank you all.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well this was a know issue on cIOS_r5/r6, but we all supoussed you had the cIOS_r7, just to be sure, can you run "Title Lister" and post your TITLES.txt...??
huh.gif

dhavalg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ether2802 said:
Well this was a know issue on cIOS_r5/r6, but we all supoussed you had the cIOS_r7, just to be sure, can you run "Title Lister" and post your TITLES.txt...??
huh.gif

will try doing that.

cos i would be out for a few days.

but hey guys you were a lot of help.

thanks a ton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: