Homebrew Every single app that uses WiFi Black Screens / Code Dumps!

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I have my Wii connected to my network, everything works perfectly.

But when I bring my Wii to someplace or have no connectivity/disable WiFi, all apps that use WiFi (MPlayer CE, FCEU GX, SNES GX, etc) either refuse to load and result in a black screen or produce a code dump. (DSI error/exception).

Any help would be appreciated.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this when they try to access the network? Or just on startup? (I guess most apps would try and network init early anyway)

The only thing that comes to my head is a sort of corrupt wifi configuration? try deleting them all, and then maybe some sort of renewal/reconstruction of them. Does a Wii format do this? I dont know

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.2U

I believe it has something to do with 'SMB' as only the apps that use it crash if there is no network to connect to. But I deleted/erased all SMB configurations. Even with or without the SMB configs, it still crashed.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.2U also and I get the code dump at home where my WIFI works fine except when I load a version of USB Loader that tries to download covers. I'm not sure what the deal is but maybe it has to do with a CIOS as mentioned. Annoying shit I agree.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. To use network installs in homebrew I just reinstall CIOS rev7 via wad install, then the network installs work. Then when I'm done, I reinstall CIOS rev 9 to reenable USB loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte