Question Every game installs but soon as I start I am ask to connect to the Internet, there is no ignore.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Dragonx41, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dragonx41
    OP

Dragonx41 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi All

Config: AMS 8.6 with Sigpatches, Tinfoil (Adubbz) 0.2.1 with USB fix1, SDCard is FAT32. NX USBloader, OFW is 7.0.1, with 90DNS entries in place

Problem Description

Restored 7.0.1 Clean NAND to test if I could still go online. All good that side. Then Formatted SDCard to FAT32 and rebuilt my SD Files, Successfully booted to AMS 8.6. I can install my NSP's

However after successful base NSP installs and Successful Installs of NSP Updates. I go to Launch any game it prompts to select my profile and then comes up asking to connect to the internet, happens on every NSP I install I know they are good as I have installed them before on the same switch with AMS 8.6 Before.

Sigpatches in the correct folders.

Please any idea why this might be happening?

2. opmas

opmas GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    Happened to me before. I just reformat my microsd on the pc and recopied back everything. That resolved my issues before

Dragonx41 likes this.
  3. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Was afraid that this might happen to me as well, saw a few posts regarding this issue but no solution

Can you try airplane mode?
    Maybe you unlink your nintendo account?

Dragonx41 likes this.
  4. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    I had this issue only with Crypt of the NecroDancer but I don't know why it's happened nor how to solve it

Dragonx41 likes this.
  5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Boot it up to a normal "recovery mode" and not RCM. It might be some little update file messing about.

Dragonx41 likes this.
  6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I would assume that 90DNS is not setup correct that why it asks you to connect to the internet and get a update for the game, perhaps try to install game with like goldleaf 0.5 and double check your sig patches.

Dragonx41 likes this.
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Is it the prompt that goes something like "Connecting to the internet to make sure you can play"? That appears when you have a Nintendo account added but the Switch hasn't been online since they added the primary/secondary console system, so the Switch thinks it's a secondary console, and wants to connect to make sure the primary console isn't playing any games, and also to make sure you still have access to the account.

Canna, Dragonx41 and MUDD_BR like this.
  8. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Will try that Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When I reverted the switch back to only OFW I linked my account to Nintendo and downloaded Garou Mark of the Wolves and I did play it. It was after I rebuilt my SD card to AMS 8.6 and installed NSP this happened. There was another issue where I had to lift the archive flag on the switch folder in order for the HB Apps to appear on the HB menu.

i will review the 90DNS settings again. I may just end up rolling back the switch back OFW and sell it along with my pro controller and 2 x 128GB SD. Good thing is it can still go online :)

I had to relink the account when in OFW

9. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    What firmware version was that on? NSO and the primary/secondary system was added in 6.0.0 and any Switch that hasn't been online on or after that firmware won't have been able to confirm its status as primary console. Additionally, if you restored a different NAND backup after you went online, then the Switch is no longer aware that it's been online.
    There's also another issue that causes that error. I think reinstalling the non working nsps worked for people?
    Seems you are able to remove the account without going online by using DevMenu which should solve the issue (but it requires deleting the whole account from the Switch so whatever games are tied to that account may have to be reinstalled, I'm not sure if nsp installers automatically tie the games to an account or not)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 3, 2019
    Dragonx41 likes this.
  10. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom

11. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Seems you are able to remove the account without going online by using DevMenu which should solve the issue if it's related to that (but it requires deleting the whole account from the Switch so whatever games are tied to that account may have to be reinstalled, I'm not sure if nsp installers automatically tie the games to an account or not), make backups of your saves just in case.

Canna and Dragonx41 like this.
  12. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have removed the games already and the ticket in Info in Tinfoil 0.2.1

13. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Try installing DevMenu and going to the Accounts menu, you should be able to delete the account from there.

14. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks I will try that later

15. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok Folks I fixed it corrupt SD card had to a reformat it again but a long format and also unchecked the archive flag on all the folders of the SD also deleted the saved files in the Nintendo folder

Last edited by Dragonx41, Apr 3, 2019
  16. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The archive flag needs to be set on the Nintendo folder.

Dragonx41 likes this.
  17. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Switch to FAT32 if you are currently on exFAT.

Edit: nevermind you are on FAT32.

Last edited by Hayato213, Apr 4, 2019
    Dragonx41 likes this.
  18. Dragonx41
    OP

Jun 9, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I lifted all the archive flags on all archive folders thanks for your help

19. himotep12

himotep12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2019
    France
    Hi, i raise this thread form the death because i have the same problem.

But all my NSP game work like charm and my card game ask for internet connection :'(

I'm on CFW 6.2.0 / ams 0.9.3 goldleaf 0.6.1

Can you add description how you solved this problem please ? (i don't understand the part "archive flags")

note : sry for my language, English is not my native language ;)

20. gjimenezf

gjimenezf Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    Ecuador
    In my case I had this problem in firmware 9.00 using latest goldleaf 0.7.1 and I tested installation of those games with latest tinfoil and that solved it. I had to delete and resinstall all the games that had that problem using tinfoil.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted