codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have my PS3 on Rebug 4.78, with multiman 4.80

Long story short, even when trying to use so-called trusted links to find games to install on this system, I can't get anything new to install or run.

Alien: Isolation? hard freeze at 15% of its mandatory install.
NBA Jam? system freezes about 25% of the way through installing the pkg for it.

Tried from a USB flash drive, from the USB hard drive where I have my other games loaded on, even tried passing them over via FTP and it's still the same thing. If anything, it crashes even faster over FTP and I can't understand why.

What the hell do I need to do to make this PS3 behave again? This crap is seriously ruining my patience for dealing with this system.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hard drive is 3.0, of course. But it still loads the older games I'd JB ripped fine. The cruzer drive is 2.0 but that one just seems to not like ANY ps3 I try it in. Problem is, the only flash drive I have in my collection that they do behave with is a 1GB unit that's too small for any of the files I am trying to work with here.

I was TRYING to use FTP, but then filezilla will tell me 20 seconds later that the PS3 is refusing connections. And when I go to the next room to where the PS3 is, its screen is frozen and I'm forced to power it off and back on again. This shit sucks, cap'n.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hard drive is 3.0, of course. But it still loads the older games I'd JB ripped fine. The cruzer drive is 2.0 but that one just seems to not like ANY ps3 I try it in. Problem is, the only flash drive I have in my collection that they do behave with is a 1GB unit that's too small for any of the files I am trying to work with here.

I was TRYING to use FTP, but then filezilla will tell me 20 seconds later that the PS3 is refusing connections. And when I go to the next room to where the PS3 is, its screen is frozen and I'm forced to power it off and back on again. This shit sucks, cap'n.

Never seen such a broken PS3 before...
FTP has always been shit without Ethernet or in general. It always disconnects me was well. Are you overloading it with .SPRX plugins? I have a feeling you're usb ports are somehow damaged. Although the freezing I just can't explain...
If it was my PS3 I would go into recovery and restore the file system. The SPRX will stop working after that so they will need to be re-installed. If that doesn't work then re-installing the CFW seems best.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what an sprx is, so I can't comment on that. I only just noticed that there was a Rebug 4.80 though, so using my little sandisk firefly drive to go to that.

I'd even forgot how to go into recovery mode on this thing.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what an sprx is, so I can't comment on that. I only just noticed that there was a Rebug 4.80 though, so using my little sandisk firefly drive to go to that.

I'd even forgot how to go into recovery mode on this thing.

Recovery Mode

Also you could update these options seem best. First try recovery then try updating to latest CFW. Make sure you click number 3.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recovery Mode
Also you could update these options seem best. First try recovery then try updating to latest CFW. Make sure you click number 3.
Tried that. Updated to Rebug 4.80. Tried again with the pkg files on the hard drive, since at least that was large enough to hold them. But of course it still freezes partway.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that. Updated to Rebug 4.80. Tried again with the pkg files on the hard drive, since at least that was large enough to hold them. But of course it still freezes partway.

Interesting. I am sorry. Can't help you past this point. Clear caches, make sure you have the space, and check if the pkg is corrupted. Report to me if you ever fix it.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I am sorry. Can't help you past this point. Clear caches, make sure you have the space, and check if the pkg is corrupted. Report to me if you ever fix it.
How would I check if the pkg is corrupted? Winrar insists that it checks out, but I still have this problem. And I'm not even sure I should bother trying FTP again, even though it is on ethernet.

I was contemplating getting a bigger hard drive in this PS3, but first and foremost, right now it still has over 100GB of storage free. And I definitely won't see the point in expanding if it it's going to be a brat as is.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I check if the pkg is corrupted? Winrar insists that it checks out, but I still have this problem. And I'm not even sure I should bother trying FTP again, even though it is on ethernet.

I was contemplating getting a bigger hard drive in this PS3, but first and foremost, right now it still has over 100GB of storage free. And I definitely won't see the point in expanding if it it's going to be a brat as is.

PKG files can be condensed smaller then they are. For example a .PKG may be 2gb, but when getting installed and unpacked it could really be 4gb or 3gb. Also the PS3 always looks at the right USB port before the left try using the usb port to the right.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKG files can be condensed smaller then they are. For example a .PKG may be 2gb, but when getting installed and unpacked it could really be 4gb or 3gb. Also the PS3 always looks at the right USB port before the left try using the usb port to the right.
Even for a CECHA?

Right now I pretty much had the external hard drive for the PS3 on the far right port. Then if I ever need to plug in one of its controllers, I put it in on the far left. And like one of the flash drives in one of the ones in between as need arises.

I guess I might as well try reflashing Rebug 4.80 again. :nayps3:

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even for a CECHA?

Right now I pretty much had the external hard drive for the PS3 on the far right port. Then if I ever need to plug in one of its controllers, I put it in on the far left. And like one of the flash drives in one of the ones in between as need arises.

I guess I might as well try reflashing Rebug 4.80 again. :nayps3:

CFW is a very unstable version. There is no proper fan control, it frequently has errors for no reason, and has bad support. I use a much older version of CFW it's more easier. Although it took me 1 year to get the perfect CFW.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, tried reflashing 4.80 Rebug, but still having the same problem. Tried three different games in PKG, and it just seemed to crap itself.

Well I would love to help you now, but yesterday a sprx plugin completely restored my PS3. I am very fucking angry right now. All my data is gone. Fortunately my CFW is still there. Damn I had like 50 backup games. It took me literally 2 days to backup all my games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

omg I had so many work projects on that ps3. I am considering trashing it now... (Putting it in my attic)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: