EverSD homebrew and development kit cartridge now available for the Evercade

It's time to take your retro experiences on the Evercade even further, as the EverSD, a cartridge that allows for the loading of emulators and backups has been released for the system. The Evercade launched earlier this year, and is a handheld that uses new cartridges to play retro games, with support for Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, and other platforms. The EverSD allows you to emulate those consoles without the need of multiple carts via the use of a micro SD, has the ability to use savestates, and even lets you use the Evercade as a development kit.

According to the EverSD website, the device is now available to buy for €40.00. A video, linked above, shows the cart being used, emulating Game Boy and Super Nintendo homebrew titles. PlayStation 1 emulation is supported, as well as Nintendo 64, though the latter is noted for having "very slow" performance.

What is EverSD?

EverSD is a homebrew and development kit that lets you play your own games on the Evercade.
Don't have an Evercade? You can find a reseller at 'https://evercade.co.uk'.

Which systems can I emulate?
The following systems are supported:
  • NES/Famicom
  • SNES
  • GameBoy
  • GameBoy Color
  • GameBoy Advance
  • Genesis/MegaDrive
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Wonderswan
  • Wonderswan Color
  • Playstation 1
  • PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16
  • N64 (VERY SLOW!)

:arrow: Source

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Im not wondering that they doesnt response.. They promised a solutions since months ago and nothing happend. Evercade will take legal actions after them if they dont stop to sell theyr flashcart which is totaly understandable...

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took matters into my own hands. Bought an extra/duplicate game cart for $20 and converted it into a "device cart" with microsd slot myself. If used with only one retroarch core at a time it works on newer firmware just fine and only cost me the $20 for the sacrificial game cart plus the microsd breakout board (~$5) and an hour of my time... or I could have used the cart with the included minimal flash space, not needed the microsd breakout and built a cart reader/writer with the cart slot from a broken gb/gbc/gba... feel stupid for even buying the EverSD at this point...

And before everyone complains, I literally bought every game cart available already because thats why I wanted an evercade... I just like being able to experiment for the sake of it as well...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Took matters into my own hands. Bought an extra/duplicate game cart for $20 and converted it into a "device cart" with microsd slot myself. If used with only one retroarch core at a time it works on newer firmware just fine and only cost me the $20 for the sacrificial game cart plus the microsd breakout board (~$5) and an hour of my time... or I could have used the cart with the included minimal flash space, not needed the microsd breakout and built a cart reader/writer with the cart slot from a broken gb/gbc/gba... feel stupid for even buying the EverSD at this point...

And before everyone complains, I literally bought every game cart available already because thats why I wanted an evercade... I just like being able to experiment for the sake of it as well...

Then you did same as i. Evercade haves no problem with selfmade projects as long they are no profit. Its possible to run even custom games on the evercades newest firmware but it takes time to get used to.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you did same as i. Evercade haves no problem with selfmade projects as long they are no profit. Its possible to run even custom games on the evercades newest firmware but it takes time to get used to.
When you say custom games are you referring to libretro cores never meant to be used or just roms they don't offer on cores they do offer?

inkdracula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is still being worked on. There was some extreme circumstances that happened in the family that produced it. You should have received an email by now explaining more.

Last edited by inkdracula,

N0mi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well both plus linux games compiled for the evercade.
This sounds very interesting. Can you please give some more information regarding which games are likely to run on the system and what is needed to start them?

Last edited by N0mi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi