EverSD homebrew and development kit cartridge now available for the Evercade

It's time to take your retro experiences on the Evercade even further, as the EverSD, a cartridge that allows for the loading of emulators and backups has been released for the system. The Evercade launched earlier this year, and is a handheld that uses new cartridges to play retro games, with support for Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, and other platforms. The EverSD allows you to emulate those consoles without the need of multiple carts via the use of a micro SD, has the ability to use savestates, and even lets you use the Evercade as a development kit.

According to the EverSD website, the device is now available to buy for €40.00. A video, linked above, shows the cart being used, emulating Game Boy and Super Nintendo homebrew titles. PlayStation 1 emulation is supported, as well as Nintendo 64, though the latter is noted for having "very slow" performance.

What is EverSD?

EverSD is a homebrew and development kit that lets you play your own games on the Evercade.
Don't have an Evercade? You can find a reseller at 'https://evercade.co.uk'.

Which systems can I emulate?
The following systems are supported:
  • NES/Famicom
  • SNES
  • GameBoy
  • GameBoy Color
  • GameBoy Advance
  • Genesis/MegaDrive
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Wonderswan
  • Wonderswan Color
  • Playstation 1
  • PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16
  • N64 (VERY SLOW!)

:arrow: Source

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
Your wrong im not working for blaze ;-), all i do is testing theyr Firmware on Discord before they release it. Thats all i do.

You say in your video you've recently become a beta tester for Evercade and are helping with their security. You also seem to be acting as some kind of spokesman in their Discord and here you are trying to put people off buying a 3rd party SD card adapter for the Evercade.

Just because they're not paying you doesn't mean you're not working for them.

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
You say in your video you've recently become a beta tester for Evercade and are helping with their security. You also seem to be acting as some kind of spokesman in their Discord and here you are trying to put people off buying a 3rd party SD card adapter for the Evercade.

Just because they're not paying you doesn't mean you're not working for them.

Im not working for them i just have a big passion for the evercade and its important to warn peoples out there to not buy a product which is not and will not working correctly anymore. Plus i dont wanna see evercade going down cause of no publisher will sell any licences to them while there is a advertised flashcard (dont say its not advertised as a flashcard its easy proveable you did, dont blame yourself) which will lead to piracy.

its one of the last cartridge based handhelds out there and i like the idea. If you wanna sell flashcards for an old system go ahead but its not fine to sell one for an actual system. No company would ever support that if you wanna play roms get an opensource handheld and you dont have to deal with copy protections/ DRM and worries about loosing your money on a cart which will not work. Its that easy...

Evercade is meaned to be for collectors.

But once again i do not work for Evercade all i do is by my own... do you really think Evercade is fine with my youtube videos? They are not ;-)..

realWinterMute

Trophies
XP
Country
Being a beta tester and "helping with security" as well as slandering a 3rd party product seems a bit above and beyond. Clearly you have an agenda here.

Here's the thing. I bought an Evercade when a friend told me about the EverSD and it seemed like it might be an interesting device to have a play around with. The fact that it has physical carts and Blaze have plans to release curated game carts which include manuals with some history of the included games has an appeal for me that the usual Chinese pirate consoles don't - I purchased the premium pack and I've ordered the Oliver Twins cart now. Without the existence of the EverSD I wouldn't have bothered.

Flashcards, despite what you may think, are not automatically illegal. Homebrew programmers have used them for decades in order to run their own creations and the creations of others on actual hardware.

I did get an open source handheld - one that runs on GPL software.

My EverSD works just fine - they contacted me yesterday with a solution to Blaze's attempted sabotage of a perfectly legal 3rd party product. It's an SD card adapter that allows me to run my own code on the Evercade.

Blaze would do better to recognise that EverSD enhances the Evercade and it will attract people who want to make games for it and/or the emulators it's capable of running.Homebrew programming enthusiasts tend to also be collectors and connoisseurs of video gaming history. Alienating them like this is a terrible idea.

Reactions: inkdracula

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To let folks know. I was told it would be 8-10 business days after shipping to receive the EverSD in the USA. It has been 15 days now, although, I was notified it reached the USA on Oct 29. I will probably receive it in 20 or so business days. It's not horrible, and I know mail is more unpredictable this year, but, thought I would let people know what to expect.

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
So I have a PSX game Atari Anniversary Edition Redux *.bin file with *.cue. I converted it with PSX2PSP to an EBOOT.PBP (eversd preferred filetype for PSX) in a folder named as the game title and have the cue file still. What now to get it to play on Eversd? I tried putting the PBP file in the sd card game folder with a name AAER_PS.pbp with the two image files (0 and 0_hd type) and get the game cover, but it won't boot up. I tried putting EBOOT.pbp in a folder with the game name and two image files (all in game folder). Then no slot or image. Even though not practical, I tried the EBOOT.pbp and two image files in the game folder, but same result as with the names changed to AAER_PS.

Last edited by mugwort,

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put the launch.sh file and the emulator folder in the root of your microSD card?
Yes. I have NES SNES Genesis and Atari games working fine for the most part. I’m wondering if it too big a file at 470MB. I’ll try a smaller one and check back. Also, could just be the PSX emulator. Most of the older ones had like 70-80% compatibility.

UPDATE: I got it to work, finally. Turns out converting bins to pbp did not work or needed to edit the cue file text to something I don't know what, but when I changed the extension of the bin file to img and the target text in the cue file to img extension (edited with Notepad++), it worked. Unfortunately, for the Atari Redux game Gravitar, which I was most excited to be able to play on the go, all the arcade artwork around the game area in the PS1 version made it too small to see which way the ship is pointing. Oh, well. Plenty of other games on Atari Redux and other PS1 games.

I'm still not sure whether I need the cue file, but my battery just went dead, so, I'll let you know.

UPDATE2: For PS1 it looks like the cue file is not needed, just the img file. So, no idea why the pbp files didnt work since the were the recommended format.

One other hint i found: mame2003 plus has dpad deactivated. Use mame2003 or make sure you find a version of plus before the dpad was deactivated, although apparently this was done due to a L+D bug in plus.

Last edited by mugwort,
Reactions: HtheB

lemoncurdstevey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. Just FYI: I've ordered an EverSD before Christmas. Got the order confirmation. No further emails. Attempted to contact them via both their contact page and their email to see if my order is ok (I don't mind waiting as long as it takes but don't wanna waste time if it's not in stock or even being made or whatever) - I've had nothing back.

Website says there is stock and says ok to contact if needed.

Clearly no one is there so unless I get some sort of update to suggest they are not dead then I'm getting a refund end of the week.

Be aware anyone else thinking of getting the EverSD not to part with your money yet.

If the protect is dead someone needs to change the website.

Hope I can get an EverSD anyways.

If you know anyone involved with this, please do pass this on or let me know here.

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
updating to latest firmware breaks the EverSD, will need to downgrade to enable it again, does actually say it on the website after I had updated, just a FYI thou, shame as the list of updates for the latest firmware is good

lemoncurdstevey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No one answering my emails so had no choice but to raise dispute for refund.

To anyone else interested in EverSD - No one is answering. Don't order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning