EverSD for Evercade Firmware 1.3.1 - Now with Retroarch Support!

Martin_Cardona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Can you please share a screenshot of the root of your microsd card, and the 'game' directory?

There must be something going wrong....
Hi, this are screenshots of the card. Today restarted from scratch but still the same.

Attachments

• scr1.jpg
    scr1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 122
  • scr2.jpg
    scr2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 115

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, this are screenshots of the card. Today restarted from scratch but still the same.
Can you try the following:
Flash official firmware.
Patch with latest EverPatcher.
Insert any official game in the system and try it out first
Then insert EverSD and try one more time.

It should work

Martin_Cardona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Can you try the following:
Flash official firmware.
Patch with latest EverPatcher.
Insert any official game in the system and try it out first
Then insert EverSD and try one more time.

It should work
I tried this morning but for unknown reason the patcher is giving me error. (couldn`t dump rootfs). Till yesterday was working fine. I don`t know why.

Martin_Cardona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I want to thank the developer of EverSD for the help I received regarding the problem of weird colors and button mapping. Developer of the cartridge was very helpful and with his help my problems were solved. Thanks

Reactions: EverSD

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will be able to run the new patcher on mine and test it out tomorrow. I'll post here then - good or bad.
I can confirm that the new patcher fixed the pressed buttons not being registered problem!

I gotta say, I am happy I were persistently "crying" about this problem. Who knows how long it would've been before for the problem was fixed otherwise.

ruffnutts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to adb into the system and modify the system files like there must be a controls file in there some ware?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to adb into the system and modify the system files like there must be a controls file in there some ware?
not that this actually answers your question but in case you were unaware, evercade's controls are a "keyboard", so it's possible everything in the OS (like the stock UI) may have hard coded inputs - like an application that accepts CTRL-P as a shortcut to print a file, for example...

ruffnutts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not that this actually answers your question but in case you were unaware, evercade's controls are a "keyboard", so it's possible everything in the OS (like the stock UI) may have hard coded inputs - like an application that accepts CTRL-P as a shortcut to print a file, for example...

I'm convinced it's corrupt, the hardware seems fine when you press the buttons, I need to decide weather to take it apart or not, really don't want to to be honest lol

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm convinced it's corrupt, the hardware seems fine when you press the buttons, I need to decide weather to take it apart or not, really don't want to to be honest lol
Do you have a Micro USB OTG adapter that also allows charging/power? If you do, you can hook up a standard USB keyboard directly to evercade and test all inputs. If it was software corruption, I would think the keyboard inputs that correspond to the evercade's built in controls (again, also a keyboard) would respond exactly like you are experiencing. If the external keyboard works when the device's own buttons don't - then it would be hardware, no?

Reactions: ruffnutts

ruffnutts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a Micro USB OTG adapter that also allows charging/power? If you do, you can hook up a standard USB keyboard directly to evercade and test all inputs. If it was software corruption, I would think the keyboard inputs that correspond to the evercade's built in controls (again, also a keyboard) would respond exactly like you are experiencing. If the external keyboard works when the device's own buttons don't - then it would be hardware, no?

Ok I will give it a go, what firmware version to use any?

ruffnutts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you need an OTG adapter that ALSO allows you to plug in whatever you charge the Evercade with at the same time. Evercade will not supply power to USB devices for you.
So I got the cable you was talking about but the Keyboard still never came on strange :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place. +1