1. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hope the Chinese clones get updated soon. I bought a Chinese ed64 & it's great but I tried to add firmware with cheats & it messed the cart tip slightly where I have to change region back & forth before a game will boot.
    Still awesome for 40gbp

2. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Wake me up when there is a Everdrive for the NGP Color.

3. Scriber

Scriber Member
    Newcomer

Ireland
    Kadji likes this.
  4. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
  5. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    Someone actually complaining about the "high cost" of illegally obtaining stolen games. Sega feels your pain, though not quite in the same way.

What a world!

6. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Or cheap consumers. See, I actually like to reward smaller companies for the dev efforts (which aren't insubstantial, he's an innovator) and craftsmanship. This isn't some faceless, nameless company edging out their competitors. This is no different from "shopping local".

Last edited by mrjoshuaco, Jun 1, 2020
    Power5lave and MicmasH_W like this.
  7. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W christian minecraft bf but unironically

United States
    good lord this got derailed hard but this thing is damn neat! It’s awesome that all these older systems are getting flashcarts and stuff made that modernizes them a little bit yet still being able to use the old hardware , it’s definitely worth the money if you own a game gear, just depends on the person...

8. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I don;t agree at all. It's genuinely expensive where i come from so...yeah.
    Those who have money give rewards, others just say "it's expensive". Expensive is such a relative term.
    But to relative audience and in general i guess you can say its cheap but that doesn't do it justice. It's just not generally affordable. I bet they would sell more if its cheaper, and i'd be their first customer on a monthly level.

Damn it, i want snes, n64 and gbc carts...to bad they are a fortune! i don't even think about them tbh, unless i find them in some junk yard sold by some gipsy.

So yeah...not really a cheap customer but an expensive shit. And it's not just my opinion tbh.

P.s. DHL shipping is a wooping 75 eur on top of 200 ouro cart. thats just insane dude! Idk where are you live but id much reather give them a personal donation of how much i can on paypal or something reather than supporting them by taking from my mouth lol.

I guess it all depends on perspective. But whats fascinating to me is how non of the people reccomend me cheaper alternatives they ol just god burned by "its overpriced". So what if it is, some can buy it some cant. Wheres the alternative?

Last edited by MetoMeto, Jun 2, 2020
  9. Power5lave

Power5lave Member
    Newcomer

im sorry but complaining there expensive is relative to the country you live in and your poor economy...not that the product is acctually expensive....i own pretty much all the everdrive carts and i would not say they are expensive at all for what you get for your money.

no one recommended you the cheaper alternatives because there crap! and not worth the money they cost...

ez flash jr for gbc
    ED64 for Nintendo 64
    cheap china snes everdrive clone from aliexpress for snes.

but be prepared for stuff not to work...games not compatible and an all round terrible experience..

Last edited by Power5lave, Jun 2, 2020
    mrjoshuaco likes this.
  10. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Now THIS is a more nuanced statement. It's fair to say it's expensive for your region. However, it's NOT fair to blame the creator for his pricing and label it as "greed" because of your regional economy. The pricing, for what are likely his most profitable markets, is generally in line with the value offered. It's unfortunate that it locks you out, but that's true of many other products. Perhaps you might want to exploit an underserved market and offer your own solution and price it accordingly.

All of these things can be emulated in the comfort of your home. You can also use a Vita, a 3DS and some EZFlash carts to do a fairly decent job. You have options - you just don't have top-of-the-line options in your region unfortunately.

For this product? You're not gonna find many because you're not gonna find a sizeable portion of folks wanting one. That's part of the reason for the price. Keep in mind, the Game Gear didn't exactly fly off shelves in its prime, and the ones left have a decent percentage of failing capacitors (not if, but when, this eventually happens). In other words, you have sizable dev costs and prototyping for a unit with an already niche userbase. Not many producers are rushing to enter that market.

Last edited by mrjoshuaco, Jun 2, 2020
    Power5lave and MetoMeto like this.
  11. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I don't use cheats so i guess it will work great for me.
    Also price sounds reasonable and affordable.

Can you please link me to it?

12. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    This exists: http://www.mellottsvrpage.com/index.php/hyperflash32/

There is also the Flash Boy and Flash Boy +. Neither are made any longer (due to issues between its creator and the person making the hyperflash32). But you can still find one for around $130-ish. Post in Planetvb.com's market place if you are seriously interested. I own a FB and 2 FB+, its a great kit if you don't mind flashing 1 ROM at a time (like the old school before we were spoiled by mSD cards).

The Everdrive GB x3 is $39 and reviews say it supports GB & GBC games.

-Another World

Deleted User likes this.
  13. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I won't link directly in case someone gets soft about it but go on AliExpress and search ed64, they will come up. Also check eBay just in case the price is better or the same with less wait

14. playstays_shun

playstays_shun GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the x3 GB for $39 is a FANTASTIC deal. its the same feature set as x5 except have to reset to menu to save still no RTC unless you go all in on x7. no biggy imo.

I wouldn't trust clones in GB/C space, and EZF Jr is more expensive / around same price, hasn't been out long enough and has same stuff except RTC if thats really important to you.

--

x7 GB is still the only one with save states for native play (through in game menu) but it commands a high price. Otherwise, gotta do Goomba emulation on x5 GBA or EZF Omega for save states.

Last edited by playstays_shun, Jun 27, 2020
  15. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    who even likes game gear

16. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    Hey, thank you for taking the time to make your 303rd post on GBAtemp. I remember what it was like, ohhh about 10,269 posts and 12 years ago. I'm so happy your wisdom was posted in my review thread. You're an asset to this community. Keep up the good work!

-Another World

Last edited by Another World, Jul 6, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Everdrive, official, GBAtemp