Homebrew Ever version of gpsp libretro is running like garbage on my new 3ds. Help?

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have googled for days and i either get links to reddit that explain nothing or links to this place that contain the nightly builds, but they all run like trash on my system. im currently running the .3dsx versions. the game i'm trying to run is megaman battle network 6, The game runs at like 45- 50 fps , BUT the sound is beyond horrible and there is slowdown. im very new to the 3ds scene so any explanation would help greatly. Thanks. (Also im on 11.0 with the legit firmware)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't use the nightlies, those have a ton of issues relating dynarec and screen tearing, along with crashes.
Use the stable 1.3.3 builds.

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the nightlies, those have a ton of issues relating dynarec and screen tearing, along with crashes.
Use the stable 1.3.3 builds.

i've been constantly reading poeple advising others to use the nightly builds. Anyway, i also read that using the .3dsx versions of the emulators arent as good as the .cia files. is that true?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i've been constantly reading poeple advising others to use the nightly builds. Anyway, i also read that using the .3dsx versions of the emulators arent as good as the .cia files. is that true?
Well the first point you must have read it wrong, almost everyone in here is suggesting to use the 1.3.3 builds because dynarec has fucked gpsp beyond recognition.
As for the second point, that is true, you should use CIA instead of 3dsx because the CIA has dynarec support and some permissions to the console that the usual 3DSX file doesn't have.

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the first point you must have read it wrong, almost everyone in here is suggesting to use the 1.3.3 builds because dynarec has fucked gpsp beyond recognition.
As for the second point, that is true, you should use CIA instead of 3dsx because the CIA has dynarec support and some permissions to the console that the usual 3DSX file doesn't have.

Hmm i guess i did read wrong however i dont think i can use the CIAs because i'm on 11.0 and i heard you cant do it with my current firmware. If it is possible, do you think you can link me to a tutorial that'll let me do it with menu hax on an 11.0 system? im still trying to learn my way around the site's layout.

Last edited by Stallion_Prime,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm i guess i did read wrong however i dont think i can use the CIAs because i'm on 11.0 and i heard you cant do it with my current firmware. If it is possible, do you think you can link me to a tutorial that'll let me do it with menu hax on an 11.0 system? im still trying to learn my way around the site's layout.
Sadly I don't think I might be of too much help in that regard.
I know almost nothing about 11.
The only thing I do know is that you need either a hardmod to downgrade to anything <11.0 or have access to another hacked 3DS.
Without any of those two, you won't be able to install CIAs on your 3DS at the moment.

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im running the 1.3.3 version you mentioned and when i select a game i get 2 options: open archive as folder and load archive as core. which should i select?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sadly I don't think I might be of too much help in that regard.
I know almost nothing about 11.
The only thing I do know is that you need either a hardmod to downgrade to anything <11.0 or have access to another hacked 3DS.
Without any of those two, you won't be able to install CIAs on your 3DS at the moment.

You can't install CFW on 11.0 so no .cia files for you, Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it, you don't have dynarec support so gpSP will run poor.

Try the latest mGBA nightly instead https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgba/mGBA-nightly-latest-3ds.7z

Thats fine. Was expected to be honest

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok so im running the 1.3.3 version you mentioned and when i select a game i get 2 options: open archive as folder and load archive as core. which should i select?
You choose Open Folder as Archive. But 1.3.3 will still run poor for you because you cannot use dynarec on your 11.0 setup.

As I said above, use the latest mGBA nightly instead (NOT the one from Retroarch).

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Stallion_Prime,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't rule out using the gPSP 3dsx on an N3DS. It already ran super fast without dynarec and depending on the game might actually be full speed.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What games are you testing with it with it? Everything I throw at my old build (admittedly not a ton) seems to run at an acceptable speed:

- I should have read the op a bit closer. I have no idea about MMB6, good luck.

Attachments

• gpsp_libretro 3dsx 16mar2016.rar
    737 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by SG6000,

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rhythm Tengoku, Double Dragon Advance, Ninja Cop, Castlevania COTM, Kururin Paradise.. They all run fine. However - Gunstar Super Heroes seems to run terribly..hopefully not but you just may be out of luck with the particular game you want to play properly.

Stallion_Prime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are you testing with it with it? Everything I throw at my old build (admittedly not a ton) seems to run at an acceptable speed:

- I should have read the op a bit closer. I have no idea about MMB6, good luck.

games wont run on the build you posted i get an error saying: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. requires to run for at least 4096 frames.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs