Hacking Ever tried to input a GC-Game into a Wii-Game?

Seelbreaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello and welcome
smile.gif
I've been reading many things here on GBAtemp, but never had the intention to register so far, since today... because i started to think about something which maybe some people from here could find usefull.

Well as my topic description says, i wanted to ask if someone has ever thought about putting the content of an GC-Iso into a Wii-Iso so that you can make GC-Games work as Wii a Wii Game with the benefit of getting the Wii-Hardware working, like USB, Wireless Lan for Netplay-Games and so on
wink.gif

For myself i was wondering and started to look into the Pimin Discs and discovered, that the Game Files are almost 1:1 Copies.

About the Files of both Images here you get some screenshots:
Extracted
folderw.png

In WiiScrubber/ GC-Tool
wiigcisofolder.png

Also the Tree of the GC-Image and Partition1 of the Wii-Image:

GC-Pikmin
http://4freeload.net/download.php?id=C9B8D4BC7

Wii-Pikmin

http://4freeload.net/download.php?id=BBE835686

Since i wanted to give it a try so that i can maybe play Sonic Adventure Battle 2 from the USB-Loader i've tried to input the whole Files from the GC-Iso into the Data Partition of the Wii-Pikmin Iso... but well after adding the rebuild Partition 1 with WiiScrubber it crashes nearly the end.

So far from me, maybe this will let some people think about it and who knows... maybe we see in some times from some people GC to Wii converter
wink.gif

Greetings
Seelbreaker

:Edit:
Currently im also looking about the other "new play control" games... if they have the same structure then it must be possible with all those coders which have done really nice things here
smile.gif
(reggie, mario kart custom track editor and so on
wink.gif
)

PS: This should be to discuss about the thougt which i have, so please don't start talking about modchips who can play GC-Games via USB...

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But doesn't the wii use a higher clockrate to play the games? So that way you probably get a game that is twice as fast as it's designed for ?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those are just the data files; they contain graphics and sound. The actual game code will be different, as if it were the same we wouldn't need BC/MIOS

Seelbreaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sure, i thought also, that people have thought about it, but maybe just stopped...

Yeah they may be only the datafiles, but things which we have on the wii are existing on the gc-image also...

on the wii we have the main.dol which is for starting the game afaik. On the GC we have a suspicios start.dol, maybe there isn't much needed. Things like the config.ini also exist in both images

I've included a tree with the files for the GC-Image and the Wii-image if somebody is interested in the rest:

GC-Pikmin
http://4freeload.net/download.php?id=C9B8D4BC7

Wii-Pikmin

http://4freeload.net/download.php?id=BBE835686

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bust your bubble but the encrypted data on a Wii partition is simply a Gamecube "disc". So it is not in the slightest surprising everything is the same since it's supposed to be.

It's all about the DOL and the DOL was compiled targeted at the GC's syscalls, not the Wii's. If you could somehow modify it, sure you could try to play a Gamecube game on the Wii. But the reality is most console games (I believe this is still true) are targeted at the exact processor of the console in question, so instead of getting more consistent framerate or something you end up with a game in fast-forward.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it were that easy why wouldn't Ninty release EVERY gc game on the wii?
How about porting controls?
And why would Ninty take so long to port over games like DK Jungle Beat and Mario Power Tennis?

I Somehow think a little more is at play here...

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each game has been manually ported; it isn't simply a case of transferring some files over. Obviously the file structure will be similar to the original Gamecube game but the actual executable code is vastly different. It would require nearly impossible reverse engineering to achieve any visable result.

This has been proposed before, and it simply is not possible. It's somewhat akin to thinking you could replace the God of War Collection files for any PS2 game and it would work on the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl: :rofl: