Hacking Ever possible to convert Wii U Save backup to Loadiine?

xtreemsurf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thankful for Saviine and what it can do to export saves from a Wii U. At the same time, I was wondering...

Is it or would it ever be technically possible to use the Wii U system menu to back up the saves/data to USB, then use a PC to convert those to Loadiine format?

I'm guessing there is some sort of encryption on each Wii U that prevents this, since those saves backed up to USB can only be restored to the original Wii U from which they were backup up.

I'm thinking that if there's a way to generate a Wii U save encryption key (run from the Wii U), there may be a way to use that info to convert the saves backup up to the USB, using a PC.

I've read through the forums, but didn't see anything like this mentioned. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed. I'm definitely not a programmer, but am just curious how this all works. Thanks so much!

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
He is asking convert the backup orginal from wiiu to loadiine, if you insert the usb disk on a pc it will not be recognized and will be asked to format.
Oh duh, I didn't read the whole post, my bad.

If devs figure out the structure and keys needed for the WiiU USB Format, they might be able to create something akin to WBFS Manager (Back when WBFS was the used format for Wii USBs). But then again without the private key the content won't be signed, so it might not work. I'm not sure to be honest if it's possible but who know, the scene is slooooowly growing so it might happen someday.

xtreemsurf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh duh, I didn't read the whole post, my bad.

If devs figure out the structure and keys needed for the WiiU USB Format, they might be able to create something akin to WBFS Manager (Back when WBFS was the used format for Wii USBs). But then again without the private key the content won't be signed, so it might not work. I'm not sure to be honest if it's possible but who know, the scene is slooooowly growing so it might happen someday.
I figured it was something complicated like that. Saviine is the best (only) option at this point, from what I gather, and I'm glad we have that! For the average user, it may be a bit complicated, but it gets the job done. Thanks for your quick response and insight!

Squirty

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was basically the exact question I had.

Just to be clear: I only want to be able to read data from a Wii U USB save backup using a Windows PC (not write it). This is currently not possible yet?

(I thought I should clarify just in case the only limitation is correctly writing data back in such a way that it will still be accepted by the owning Wii U.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: