Evangelion 3.0 Announced for Fall 2012

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After originally being planned for last November, there's a new release date for the 3rd theatrical instalment of Evangelion.
Trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEo6JGxQ4w[/youtube]
Space Evas and pirate Asuka. Nice :3
Source

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the movies about? i watched the anime series and read the manga. But do the movies have anything with the story to do=? :S

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
Still haven't watched the first one, don't know if I will...*sigh*
You should watch the films, they're really good. especially the 2nd one.

QUOTE(CrimzonEyed @ Aug 27 2011, 01:23 PM) What are the movies about? i watched the anime series and read the manga. But do the movies have anything with the story to do=? :S
The 1st film is essentially the same as the series, up until about half way through the series, where the film ends. The 2nd film then continues with the series' storyline, adds a couple of new character and the end of the film is completely different to the series. And this one will be completely different in every way, except for the characters ^^

The films are definitely worth a watch if you haven't already done so.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evangelion has never really looked interesting to me, so I'm probably going to avoid this one like the others.

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm one of the people who hated Eva when it was first out. Still hate the original but I love these movies.

Basically if you don't like the original one, Give the movies a chance. The first one is very similar to the original but the second one is wildly different.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I loved the original series, and the respective films, and so I've been over the moon about these remakes. 1 was a pretty cool re-imagining of the opening events, although I wasn't too sure about the new designs when they were first shown off (and I still think that Lilith's original "face" was better), but it was pretty cool. 2 was just incredible because of the sheer amount of bad-assery it featured. (see below)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7NZESmjjJM[/youtube]

Although it does seem like this time they're keeping the EVAs true nature less secret. And also that they Unit 01 is somewhat different. I'm sure it'll all work out fine, and I'm planning on introducing my best friend to NGE through these films.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't really express how much I'm hyped for this movie.

I've watched the trailer two days ago when I was still in vacation 'coz I couldn't wait to get home to watch it
smileipb2.png

Pirate Asuka? GIMME.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
raulpica said:
I can't really express how much I'm hyped for this movie.

I've watched the trailer two days ago when I was still in vacation 'coz I couldn't wait to get home to watch it
smileipb2.png

Pirate Asuka? GIMME.
Saaaaame. The only downside is that I watched everything else Evangelion with a friend at school, and now that I've changed schools I won't get to watch it with him :c

Mhmm, it's so hawt
tpi.gif

And space Evas are aaaaawesome.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm hyped as hell now
biggrin.gif

I LOVED the first 2. I enjoyed the series, the OVAs and the manga, but those movies are way cooler. They look better, sound better, and are more fast paced than the series (which means it's infinetely more fast paced than the manga)

I was very hyped for the first one because after it's announce was the time when I gave the series a shot for the first time. After the first one I was hyped for the second too, but it was delayed quite a bit, then no bluray for months...

And that's the only bad part about the movies, damn bluray takes its time to arrive
frown.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
What are the movies about? i watched the anime series and read the manga. But do the movies have anything with the story to do=? :S

The first two are very similar to the series (so I been told, I have only seen the movies), except for the ending. Basically the movies were made to remove the complex/confusing ending the series had.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to wait.
But I guess I'm just happy they won't be adding a half-assed ending due to money issues like with the original series.
Favorite anime series, by far. Hell, this is probably the only anime series I can actually say I enjoy/follow closely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE