Evangelion 2.0/2.22

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Eva enough that I actually bought the bluray. As for 3.0 AND Final, no one knows. Both are releasing at the same timeframe, though

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just watched the bluray over the weekend. Definitely a lot different then regular series, certainly wasn't expecting them to do that to _________. The battle scene at the end was really awesome, Mari fights well. Looking forward to Q. Last I heard was Summer 2012, but nobody really knows for sure as noted above.

Eva is my 2nd time all time favorite series, so I was excited about these. 1.11 seemed fairly pointless (by this I mean how it was 90% the same as the series), but 2.22 restored my expectations and then some.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jolan said:
I haven't even seen NGE, but plan to, is it good? What exactly do I have to watch besides the episodes, the movies? How many exactly are there?
To most, it will probably remain better than Rebuild (as the "original", you know?).

I for one hated a lot of things in NGE including (not really spoilers, but...):
Many, many awkward paused scenes
Shinji being such a wuss
The last few episodes were pretty much filled with subliminal-type messages

It might have been because I was too young at the time, but yeah, I'm enjoying Rebuild more than NGE.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
I haven't even seen NGE, but plan to, is it good? What exactly do I have to watch besides the episodes, the movies? How many exactly are there?

Eva is one of the best series ever made. To watch -

Watch the first 24 episodes.

Watch End of Evangelion

Optionally watch Eps 25 + 26, but realize these are a serious mindf*** and whats happening in Shinji's Mind, where as End of Eva is whats happening in the "Real World"

The movies we're talking about now are a remake of the series you can watch after the above.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the movies/Rebuild is FAR better then the original. And Shinji is no wuss anymore.
biggrin.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Evangelion 2.22 is teh awesomest Evangelion EVAR. I can't wait to see what 3.0 will do.

Too bad they're probably the internal Khara VS Gainax war has probably freezed the work.

shinkukage09 said:
As for 3.0 AND Final, no one knows. Both are releasing at the same timeframe, though
Something tells me that they'll do it as two separate releases. There's no way they'll be able to release two movies togheter, except waiting 6 years for both to be ready
tongue.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Evangelion 2.22 is teh awesomest Evangelion EVAR. I can't wait to see what 3.0 will do.

Too bad they're probably the internal Khara VS Gainax war has probably freezed the work.

shinkukage09 said:
As for 3.0 AND Final, no one knows. Both are releasing at the same timeframe, though
Something tells me that they'll do it as two separate releases. There's no way they'll be able to release two movies togheter, except waiting 6 years for both to be ready
tongue.gif

According to what they've said, both'll release at once. I honestly hope they don't, really...then all the joy and fun of it is blown in one afternoon.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
shinkukage09 said:
raulpica said:

shinkukage09 said:
tongue.gif

According to what they've said, both'll release at once. I honestly hope they don't, really...then all the joy and fun of it is blown in one afternoon.
Yeah, but lots of things have changed by then (they've said that even before releasing 1.0!) and both movies proved to be smash hits in Japan.
Releasing them togheter would mean that it'd be just a single long movie, or a simultaneous release. Both cases would make them lose money.

I don't foresee that happening anymore, since every single one they release brings in millions of yen, so they'll probably milk the cow as long as possible
wink.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Warrior522 said:
Joe88 said:
found this pretty funny

I'm still waiting for 3.0 to get made (HURRYUPDAMMIT(owaitearthquake) and reveal this to be deliberate...
Saw this before; known as the "Sequel Theory".
View MAL: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=241336
Image:
zj9csg.jpg
I wouldn't call it a sequel though, but there might be some correlation. Or we're just getting trolled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference