eurpean laws for electrical goods

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
so, since looong time ago i am in "a war" with a very good known portuguese store about my 3ds warranty

can someone give me documents about european laws for electrical goods? i want to do a research

someone on here told me i could have a refund for my console and the 15 days return policy of the store is a deep shit, so i dont want portuguese documents

(se fores portugues nao compres consolas na worten, a minha 3ds veio toda riscada do arranjo apoz o ecra touch deixar de funcionar e desde a 2 meses que estou em guerra para resolver essa questao)

ignore the portuguese part, is a warning about the store for my comrades)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did we speak about this on IRC was that another person? First European law is not meaningless but it does have to be applied to local law first before it becomes effective (though being part of Europe tends to mean you agree to implement such laws in your local laws before a given date).

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/reports/nat_folder/rapppt_en.pdf is a PDF on how it compares to general European policies on the matter. It is a bit old but this stuff does not tend to get more lax as time drags on.

http://www.deco.proteste.pt/ would appear to be the equivalent of the consumer advice bureau in Portugal.

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Did we speak about this on IRC was that another person? First European law is not meaningless but it does have to be applied to local law first before it becomes effective (though being part of Europe tends to mean you agree to implement such laws in your local laws before a given date).

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/reports/nat_folder/rapppt_en.pdf is a PDF on how it compares to general European policies on the matter. It is a bit old but this stuff does not tend to get more lax as time drags on.

http://www.deco.proteste.pt/ would appear to be the equivalent of the consumer advice bureau in Portugal.

thank you, yes it was you, i thought you was not online and i lost that pdf,

deco is a private consumer advice bureau... i have to subscribe to a magazine to be able to get their help (or get any info..) i called them, they can't answer me a simple question without my subscription....

its ridiculous how things work on Portugal...

migles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
just for a heads up, i send the nintendo for warranty, they repaired it, but they scratched my nintendo 3ds.... and what they did was send it again for a new repair process but the store will pay for the (they damaged the cover, is the plastic piece with the pokemon art, my nintendo is a 3ds xl pokemon x\y edition)

i spend 1 hour discussing at the store manager demanding a refund or a console replacement, he said he couldn't do that because he called the store central and they refused, because its something "aesthetic" and the warranty only covers if the device is working or not

the console doesn't look like new anymore... its like it is a 1-2 year old console and the battery cover is partly open, they damage something and the battery cover looks like a bit open....

edit, i just finished reading that pdf, it doesn't have the info i was looking for, it say who are the entities responsible for maintain consumer policies, it is not the "law" telling how things must work

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All i know, and i see FAST6191 mention that too, local law is important here, that means it could be different in every country in europe.

In the Netherlands where i live the shop the responsible party. Generally you can return the item within 2 weeks and you should get a refund, it does not have to be cash though.

After that you get a minimum of 0.5 (could be more depending on the appliance) years guarantee on it, which means you can get it fixed with no extra costs. All this time the shop is still responsible, although some try to weasel their way out of it.

Thats roughly how it works in my country afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."