• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

European parliament passed article 13 (the copyright filter one)

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently, it’s official now.
The European parlement decides to implament article 13 with the new copyright laws. The only copyright law that didn't got implamented was article 11.
Doing so will kill half of the internet, as bots get injected seeking for copyrighted stuff.
This only affects Europe, though. All sites hosted in America won’t get affected by this.

Anyways, the war is over, #FreeTheInternet is defeated, and the internet won’t be the same anymore.
Edit: Someone changed my title, huh.

Last edited by MaxiBash,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The European parlement decides to implament article 11 and article 13 with the new copyright laws.
Doing so will kill half of the internet, as bots get injected seeking for copyrighted stuff.
This only affects Europe, though. All sites hosted in America won’t get affected by this.

Anyways, the war is over, #FreeTheInternet is defeated, and the internet won’t be the same anymore.
Edit: fuck made a grammar error
Only 13 was passed and not 11. Also as much as I hate 13 being passed it still is not quite sure how they're going to do it. They're gonna work out article 13 because as it stands they can't implement it.

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory this sounds awful, but I wonder how they'll implement it and how successful they'll actually be in taking down copyrighted material. The internet is massive, after all.

EDIT: Just read "hosted in Europe". I wonder how much of an impact this will really have then

Last edited by Catsinabucket,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
awww shucks, seems that i'm concerned about article 13... i've sent mails for Article 11 to many of the deputees. One of them had answered me "We are against this article and we will fight for that."

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
awww shucks, seems that i'm concerned about article 13... i've sent mails for Article 11 to many of the deputees. One of them had answered me "We are against this article and we will fight for that."
Yeah 13 was only passed and by itself it just forces google facebook and so forth to take down copyrighted material wich isn't that easy to implement. YouTube is going to suck tho but in the end we could also work with a VPN and start using the internet that way to escape that regulation.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The European parlement decides to implament article 11 and article 13 with the new copyright laws.
For some reason that typo make me read it as "The EU parliament decides on impalement by article 11 and article 13..."
And it fitted quite tight... I mean right. Erm.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah 13 was only passed and by itself it just forces google facebook and so forth to take down copyrighted material wich isn't that easy to implement. YouTube is going to suck tho but in the end we could also work with a VPN and start using the internet that way to escape that regulation.

Yeah, unfortunately, YouTube won't be the same as before (my uploaded mixtapes ouch). Now instead of "We've updated our privacy policy" we will have "We've updated the whole damn Internet"

Reactions: kumikochan

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol true that :P

But yeah, that's sad knowing that Internet was a place of free "everything", now that the Govs. are in it (wow we've discovered Internet, what if we conquer it ? great idea m8), little bit by little bit we're losing that liberty...

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But yeah, that's sad knowing that Internet was a place of free "everything", now that the Govs. are in it (wow we've discovered Internet, what if we conquer it ? great idea m8), little bit by little bit we're losing that liberty...
Yeah it is totalitarian since they pushed those laws without the people knowing about, without giving the people the time to protest and without hearing the voices of the people regarding that. Democracy is an ancient thing that doesn't exist anywhere anymore in the world. It's all totalitarian bullshit. Especially with elections you can see that. In Belgium we're having elections next month but the parties are already doing deals with each other so that when they don't have enough votes they combine and then the votes of all those parties count as one to form a government. It's all bullshit and the world needs to change big time. It's all totalitarian these days all over the world. And with corporations becoming bigger each and every passing moment I see that happening more and more

Reactions: sp3off

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it is totalitarian since they pushed those laws without the people knowing about, without giving the people the time to protest and without hearing the voices of the people regarding that. Democracy is an ancient thing that doesn't exist anywhere anymore in the world. It's all totalitarian bullshit. Especially with elections you can see that. In Belgium we're having elections next month but the parties are already doing deals with each other so that when they don't have enough votes they combine and then the votes of all those parties count as one to form a government. It's all bullshit and the world needs to change big time. It's all totalitarian these days all over the world. And with corporations becoming bigger each and every passing moment I see that happening more and more
Lobbyists triumph over people. The history of "democracy".
Sad it is.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah it is totalitarian since they pushed those laws without the people knowing about, without giving the people the time to protest and without hearing the voices of the people regarding that. Democracy is an ancient thing that doesn't exist anywhere anymore in the world. It's all totalitarian bullshit. Especially with elections you can see that. In Belgium we're having elections next month but the parties are already doing deals with each other so that when they don't have enough votes they combine and then the votes of all those parties count as one to form a government. It's all bullshit and the world needs to change big time

(your election part reminds me of the French election, they did the same) Totally (tarian). The thing is that the EU Parliament is superior to every country (all the countries vs. you lel that's fun). We cannot do anything now, since we're over. We lost, and they won. It's like they don't care about our voice, our needs, us...

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is absolutely fine in my books. For one, this will promote perhaps an alternative-internet structure that we desperately need, perhaps Freenet or Tor will become big and finally we won't have to deal with this. And two, this will make people dislike the government even more. How far separated from the people do you have to be to think this is a good idea? I guarantee you this will cause some more questioning of why the government is and why it does. I really hope they double down on this too, because that will increase those 2 effects. I hope 1 becomes reality :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious