European DS Lite Announcement

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black version is niiice. Now let's hope they come out with a black Wii...
wub.gif

Once again, I get a giggle and then marvel at the power of Nintendo's choice of name for its new console. "let's hope they come out with a black Wii." ..... yeah, and some readheaded chick with white knee-high boots and ponytails to work that black Wii over for 20 minutes. I think I mighta downloaded something like that a few nights ago.
rofl2.gif

As for the Black DSL, if it were getting sold in the US at launch I'd probably have to buy it. My plans call for holding out with my old DS for a while and then maybe getting the YI2 bundle, or the DKR bundle, or some other bundle with a special DSL. You know they'll do a few of those. And then they'll introduce the redesign of the redesign. I'm predicting a metal shell next time, like the Micro. Nintendo DS Metal!

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The black version is niiice. Now let's hope they come out with a black Wii...
wub.gif

Once again, I get a giggle and then marvel at the power of Nintendo's choice of name for its new console. "let's hope they come out with a black Wii." ..... yeah, and some readheaded chick with white knee-high boots and ponytails to work that black Wii over for 20 minutes. I think I mighta downloaded something like that a few nights ago.
rofl2.gif

As for the Black DSL, if it were getting sold in the US at launch I'd probably have to buy it. My plans call for holding out with my old DS for a while and then maybe getting the YI2 bundle, or the DKR bundle, or some other bundle with a special DSL. You know they'll do a few of those. And then they'll introduce the redesign of the redesign. I'm predicting a metal shell next time, like the Micro. Nintendo DS Metal!
I wonder if the black Wii will be bigger than the white Wii.

frown.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For people complaning about the price... they shouldn't it's a good price!

Now say I bought a DS lite from the US... supposing I paid retail price $150 (technically there should be taxes on top of that I think but we won't worry about it), at the current exchange rate this equals £80. Now add shipping to that which will be at least £10, and paypal/credit card fees... again another £10, and importing a DS lite will cost £100 easily! This is assuming I get shipping cheap and don't end up paying any customs fees.

Also if I buy a DS locally as opposed to importing one I can get it in a slick black colour, get the free crappy Nintendo Europe VIP points and of course have a warranty on the thing.

So £99 is a great price IMO... why spend that much importing one when I can get one here for the same price, in a better colour and with better aftersale service? ^^

Oh, also as I'll be buying it locally I can take advantage of any offers, like work in a retail store you might be able to get discounts and stuff... I used to be able to get 20% of stuff via a friend, would be pretty slick if I could save £10-20 when I buy my DS lite!
biggrin.gif

happy.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Europeans aren't the only guys getting ripped off - we're getting ours here in New Zealand for $270NZD which converts into 130 Euros anyway - a big mark up even over the Australian price
frown.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have several issues that's preventing me from buying one.

My CF M3 adapter will stick out very, very far.
My current black DS is still in good working order
My hands are HUGE and playing it will probably be uncomfortable
Not too confident about buying a passkey 2 and programming it

That said, maybe when I'm in Hong Kong, I'll buy it....

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I was waiting for a black normal brick DS to come out in the US. Then out comes DS Lite. Now I'm waiting till June 11 for the white Lite to come out, then out comes the black DS Lite in Europe. Who knows when the black one will come out here, the DS Lite Micro might come out after that. And I don't wanna import systems in case of problems. Damn you Nintendo, damn you.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have several issues that's preventing me from buying one.

My CF M3 adapter will stick out very, very far.
My current black DS is still in good working order
My hands are HUGE and playing it will probably be uncomfortable
Not too confident about buying a passkey 2 and programming it

That said, maybe when I'm in Hong Kong, I'll buy it....
There is http://www.dspassme.com/ , they program the PassMe 2 for you. Also there is the Max Media Launcher which does not even need programming.

That price is huge... An import will probably 120€ at most... But I like black... Oh well, let's see.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

frown.gif

XD Once you go black, you never go back
uhhuh.gif

Ok thats enough of THAT movie....this black lite DOES look very....iPoo-ish. I'm going for the non-navy, non-white, non-black color.....brown would be nice too...

Actually, i would LOVE to see yellow, just think about it.

Broken By Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

frown.gif

XD Once you go black, you never go back
uhhuh.gif

Ok thats enough of THAT movie....this black lite DOES look very....iPoo-ish. I'm going for the non-navy, non-white, non-black color.....brown would be nice too...

Actually, i would LOVE to see yellow, just think about it.

What movie is that? Mmmn yellow with black buttons now that's something i would buy!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
White Chicks it is, IMDB it. Funny movie

But yeah, if they had a yellow one i would DEFINATELY get it, even if it meant importing it and spending an extra twenty bucks
smile.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hehe, Cloned by Design...

and in order to NOT make this a useless post:
I doubt any sites have it up yet, but what would be a good one to import EU>US ???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Cheers for the links :P