Gaming Europe getting screwed over with nintendo titles

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of people seem to forget what the translation is all about!
Because you download everything you only notice text in a game, but most of you forget the manuals that need to be translated in every possible language in europe. It's not a hell lot of work, but it still makes it a lot more.

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
someone should make a google translate plugin for the DS & wii now that would be useful
wink.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A lot of people seem to forget what the translation is all about!
Because you download everything you only notice text in a game, but most of you forget the manuals that need to be translated in every possible language in europe. It's not a hell lot of work, but it still makes it a lot more.

Well, Can't say I have forgotten that. But I still think it takes too long. The swedish manual translations are really crappy. and I think the manuals all in all are crappy.. looks like some five year old did the layout
frown.gif

I mean, release it as the PC games I own... with an ENGLISH manual...
English game, english manual.... everyone's happy

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really glad I imported my Wii from the US.
tongue.gif

To everyone bitching you should have done the same...

Anywho... Nintendo have ALWAYS given Europe a raw deal (rember the whole price fixing fiasco?). Nintendo have made numerous promises in the past stating they would get on track with release dates and not much as been shown for them. Occasionally they will treat us with the odd title like Dohin the Giant or Kuru Kuru Kururin but that's no excuse to screw us over with the release schedule for the next 4 years. It took 2 and a half years AFTER the US release for Animal Crossing to come out on the GC in Europe!

The problem they have is that localising any game will take some time... not so much in the translation but NoE need to send the game off and have it rated for content, the physical discs needs to be manufactured to a sufficient quantity, time has to be given for reviewers to play the game, box art and advertising has to be produced and so forth. Even if this process only takes say a couple of weeks it may push the game out of the sales period (e.g. Easter, Xmas). Where NoE have a problem is that they're pushing titles back to spread out the major sellers way too thinly - So if something else occupies that slot e.g. Mario Strikers and Pokemon BR for the summer over here, they think we won't care seeing Super Paper Mario pushed to the Autumn/Winter. And when that time does roll around NoE will see they have Super Paper Mario penciled in for fall and think there's no point releasing Super Smash Bros Brawl or Metroid Prime 3 or whatever in Europe just yet because we have Super Paper Mario coming out. And so the cycle continues...
Something like that!
tongue.gif

Still, if movies can get virtually simultaneous releases around the world, I don't understand why videogames can't...

smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh.. the Animal Crossing thing. I remember I hand wrote a letter to Nintendo asking about why the game wouldn't come over here and that I got impatient and bought a copy of the US version and an Action Replay and their reply was, "it would be impossible to try and translate all the European holidays" and then they enclosed a free Nintendo Magazine for me.

Several months later... yep.... AC for PAL release. GODDAMMIT WHAT THE HELL IS LABOUR DAY? WHY DO YOU INCLUDE AMERICAN HOLIDAYS IN THE RELEASE?

That said, I don't see how Nintendo have to be the one gettin this stick. What about Sony?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently Iwata recently said that he was dissapointed with Americas sales but very pleased with Europe sales, so why treat us this way?

Very stupid, we are getting Mario Football Charged (or whatever its called) first but WE WANT PAPER MARIO NOW NOT THAT!

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And then they tell us "stop the piracy", "buy the original game" etc. "Buy the original" my ass.
hate2.gif

When they learn the meaning of the word "marketing", the piracy will stop. I don't own a modchip. Now I am thinking to buy one just for trauma center and paper mario.
mad.gif

Go Nintendo with your region lock crap.
hate2.gif

----An angry consumer.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4