Eurogamer reports that sources claim Nintendo will launch a SNES Classic

149259681143.jpg

Eurogamer, a site known for having accurately leaked the Nintendo Switch, then known as the NX, far before the actual reveal, now is making another big claim. According to multiple "sources" close to Nintendo and Eurogamer, likely the same ones who gave them the same insider Switch information, Nintendo will be releasing a Super Nintendo Classic/Mini later on during the Christmas season this year. This report follows last week's announcement that Nintendo would be discontinuing the NES Classic, which launched during the Christmas season of last year. Eurogamer also confirms that production has already started on them as well. Of course, this should still be taken with a grain of salt, but Eurogamer is almost always on-point with leaks, having confirmed the existence of a PS4 Slim, as well as having multiple game industry sources that have confirmed other hardware leaks before.

Nintendo will follow up its smash hit NES microconsole with a mini version of the SNES, sources close to the company have confirmed to Eurogamer.

The SNES mini (or, to continue Nintendo's official branding, likely the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System) is currently scheduled to launch in time for Christmas this year. Development of the device is already under way, our sources have indicated.

:arrow: Source

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NES has more nostalgia in the USA because Sega Master System was a weak competition, NES dominated.

SNES had solid competition from SEGA and the playground was split between Nintendo and Sega kids. Half the nostalgia.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The NES has more nostalgia in the USA because Sega Master System was a weak competition, NES dominated.

SNES had solid competition from SEGA and the playground was split between Nintendo and Sega kids. Half the nostalgia.
VGChartz I know but
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Screenshot_2017-04-24_23-34-11.png

I guess nostalgia is a concept that is hard to quantify so that could be your argument. Spin it another way. What about all those poor bastards that had to suffer with streets of rage, sonic, phantasy star and golden axe, those that have not discovered emulation, flash carts, or maybe skipped the glorious period in which old games were let go for "I want this out of my house and you actually want to pay for this? Very strange, 'one man's trash' I guess." money might now wish to sample what they were missing out on back in the day?

Toltec80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't get why Nintendo did offer just such a limited amount of the classic NES mini. They yould have made a fortune by selling a second wave. Prices now are just a shame. Hopefully it will be easier to get a snes mini...!?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called artificially increasing demand.
Release a few in a small window, and you can jack up the price
They don't have anything to gain from an over-inflated secondhand market though. I honestly think Nintendo discovered some obscure Japanese tax loophole or something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

VGChartz I know but
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

View attachment 85031

I guess nostalgia is a concept that is hard to quantify so that could be your argument. Spin it another way. What about all those poor bastards that had to suffer with streets of rage, sonic, phantasy star and golden axe, those that have not discovered emulation, flash carts, or maybe skipped the glorious period in which old games were let go for "I want this out of my house and you actually want to pay for this? Very strange, 'one man's trash' I guess." money might now wish to sample what they were missing out on back in the day?
I remember so many NES, Atari, and Commodore 64 systems being sold at garage sales for literally pocket change. Wish I would have jumped on those back then, as even ancient PCs can cost as much as a new one now.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't have anything to gain from an over-inflated secondhand market though. I honestly think Nintendo discovered some obscure Japanese tax loophole or something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember so many NES, Atari, and Commodore 64 systems being sold at garage sales for literally pocket change. Wish I would have jumped on those back then, as even ancient PCs can cost as much as a new one now.
There may be hope yet.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person