Hacking Euro VS Usa Vs Jap...

grifter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a list of the differences between all the different releases?

I may be looking in the wrong place, yet i usually find Euro versions...

Just want to find if the US versions of the games have more, less or rather the same features?

Cheers everyone.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More of less the same. Some names may be different, or some lines removed, like in Meteos for example, which has different planet names for each region.

grifter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so what versions do you (peeps of gbatemp) generally try and download? Any fav?

I try and get the US version, although, not sure why...

Good to make a list of the changes between the versions like DjoeNtje did above.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tend to go for the US over the EU, since they don't tend to have so many additional languages (= memory space) as the EU ones

Just my way

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I nearly always go for the US version, because I prefer US English over UK English, and also due to not needing additional languages.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keep in mind if you wanna play multicart with some1 u need the same ver(US with US, Eur with EUR etc)

single doesnt matter tho
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always go for the USA version if possible. I'll get the Euro version if the USA version isn't out yet. With Japan games, I only get those if it's a good game with no USA or Euro release...Bleach or Jet Impulse, for example. I hate skipping through all the Japanese that I can't read though.

The biggest differences are the languages. Japanese games are almost ALWAYS in Japanese, Euro releases usually have multiple languages, including English, whereas USA releases usually just have English....or at least fewer language selections than the Euro releases.

Seems I've heard of a few games here and there that did have different or extra content in the Japan or Euro than the USA version. Those are mostly because of "cultural differences".....I believe that's the reason they like to give anyway, especially in the GBA days.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if there's a general rule you can follow in order to get the 'best' version of a game. Sometimes the US version is better, sometimes the EU etc. Sometimes the one that comes out later is better, as it has extra levels, features, difficulty levels etc.

So really we need a list on a game-by-game basis giving the differences.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
This could be interesting
smile.gif
Though very hard work (you'll have to play each game the same way at least twice {in different versions each time} in order to insure theres no mistake
frown.gif
)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
One person couldn't do it alone. It would have to be some sort of user-editable site like a wiki, or like tvrage, so that people could submit their own observations, or submit what they've read in magazine reviews etc about differences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...