kruptah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dear GBATEMP,

I'd like to ask your opinions on when in 2015 EU & NA can expect to see the new 3DS/XL released.

Thanks for looking & commenting.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second that. Maybe it will be release during the second quarter (around spring) when Majora's Mask comes out. I'd also assume it will most likely not be released in Q1 2015, as the market in NA/EU is not in need of a new product yet according to Nintendo.

On a side note, many people are concerned that New 3DS / 3DS XL will not be bundled with 9.0.0- 9.2.0 FW upon releasing in NA/EU. This leaves them with the dilemma of importing and if it truly is worth it.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
If you’re in the UK / Europe why not buy one from 365Games? http://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-handheld-console-white

It’s in stock in the UK, so no import tax and about £15 more expensive than the current 3DS XL, the bonus it the consoles on sale will be Ninjhax / Gateway compatible.

Been tempted to get one myself, however i only really use my 3DS XL for Pokemon and Mario Kart so would be a pointless upgrade for me.

D

Deleted-355425

If you’re in the UK / Europe why not buy one from 365Games? http://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-handheld-console-white

It’s in stock in the UK, so no import tax and about £15 more expensive than the current 3DS XL, the bonus it the consoles on sale will be Ninjhax / Gateway compatible.

Been tempted to get one myself, however i only really use my 3DS XL for Pokemon and Mario Kart so would be a pointless upgrade for me.
they were £169.99 a few weeks back :)

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if it werent region locked, I'd go for it... but man, fuck you nintendo for these shitty region locks!

EDIT: Err... wait! Its Australian PAL! *goes online banking*

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, I just tried to order it and this is what i got:
FsZkTef.png

St2eAHI.png

WHAT THE FUCK!?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for those who ask questions that no one has an answer to, for those waiting impatiently for some pussy action, for those who JUST NEED IT. A chill moment

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it werent region locked, I'd go for it... but man, fuck you nintendo for these shitty region locks!

EDIT: Err... wait! Its Australian PAL! *goes online banking*

Yeah you Europeans are lucky, AFAIK know Australia and Europe use the same PAL region hardware.

Even though Japan uses NTSC, it's NTSC-J so NTSC-U regions (e.g. USA) can't use it. Guess we just gotta wait...

I'll echo other people's sentiments that Nintendo will drop the New 3DS in EU/US with a big game release, and Majora's Mask is a very good bet. They'll want to pimp out the New 3DS to hardcore fans (casual gamers who already own a 3DS probably won't buy it) and Zelda will help with that.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah you Europeans are lucky, AFAIK know Australia and Europe use the same PAL region hardware.

Even though Japan uses NTSC, it's NTSC-J so NTSC-U regions (e.g. USA) can't use it. Guess we just gotta wait...

I'll echo other people's sentiments that Nintendo will drop the New 3DS in EU/US with a big game release, and Majora's Mask is a very good bet. They'll want to pimp out the New 3DS to hardcore fans (casual gamers who already own a 3DS probably won't buy it) and Zelda will help with that.
Yeah, I know how you feel. Region locks cost us europeans plenty of great games as well. Best example would be Chrono Trigger. One of my favorite games of all time never got a SNES release in europe...

I have no clue what region locks are for. The more I think about them, the more they look stupid, shitty, pointless and annoying. Be it for movies or games, they are BULLSHIT! No one can profit from these. NOBODY.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
they have an ebay account i bet you could buy from that.
nope. I tried that: they dont offer shipping to germany for that 3ds either. I already got a new 3DS though, so im not looking anymore anyway. still shitty thing that 365games did!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end