Hacking EU 3DSXL update issue

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

My daughter's EU 3DS XL was running fine. She somehow connected to the internet and updated I guess.
I believe she was in emunand as the firware still shows ver. 4.5.0-10E in the console settings.

However, when booting in Gateway, all she gets is a black screen.

I have tried booting into the Gateway mode (holding L) and then formatted emunand.
I have tried using then the Launcher.dat file from 3.1.1, from 3.0.4, from 3.0.1 and from Omega 2.7. Still the same issue. When I leave the emunand in 4.5.0-10E I can launch in Gateway mode and see the games appear but launching the games (I have only tries Animal Crossing & Super Smash Bros), it does nothing. I tried to update the console (internet update) from emunand in 4.5.0-10E but still getting a black screen after reboot.

Do I have to downgrade ? If so should I put the gateway.dg file on the internal SD card or microSD (in the erd card) ? I also have a copy of her original NAND.BIN file if needed.

BTW, can we use the 3.1.1 launcher.dat file with 3ds Xl consoles or is it only to be used with New 3DS consoles ?

Thanks.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update emunand from a rom. Code name STEAM has 9.4.

Hold D-Pad up while booting gateway to allow you to update.

EDIT: read your post again. If your Smash Bros is a rom update from that. It will give you 8.1 in emunand and you should be good to go from there.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks. Not sure I understand how to update. When I'm in GW mode (GW4.5.0-10E), I press select then choose Super Smash Bros. Then what ? How do I update from a game ? I have tried a few other games (Theatrical..., Mario Kart, ...) and they all work (though I'm still 4.5).

BTW, when trying to launch games such as Lego Batman 3, Stroy of seasons, ... I am told that i cannot use this game card.

It sort of looks like there's an update waiting to be installed on the native firmware.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After further testing, I'm still stuck and don't really understand what is wrong. I have managed to run & play Pokemon Y (to my knowledge it requires firmware 6.1.0) though the emunand firmware shown is still GW4.5.0-10E. I still don't know how to update from a rom.

I have tried launching Super Smash Bros & Code Name Steam but they refuse to launch. If I updatye emunand via the Internet, I cannot go the Gateway Emunand anymore. The console boots normally, I go to settings/profile... then it locks up. If I hold the L button, I get to the gateway menu but when I choose boot in gateway mode it locks as well. So the ionly option then is to format Emunand again and go back to 4.5.0-10E.

I cannot downgrade as it says my firmware cannot be downgraded.

Any ideas ?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold D-pad up when booting gateway not a game. I assume you are using the ds mode exploit. When you choose ds profile in system settings hold up on the D-pad while emunand is loading. This will let you update emunand with a rom.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The reason you get a black screen when updating emuNAND via internet is that Gateway's emuNAND is not compatible with firmware 9.6 (yet). As others have suggested, updating with a rom will solve your issue.

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks dudes. Finally got it to work with the D-pad up thingy and the Europe Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones Thunderflash game. Daughter's happy - Dad's happy. Many thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche