Etrian Odyssey Untold demo to hard copy

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ayrek, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ayrek
    OP

ayrek GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    I downloaded the demo for EOU a couple weeks ago, and put considerable time into it. Today, I got a physical copy of the game in the mail via gamefly, with the previous renter's partially completed classic mode on it. When i try to start a new game, it doesn't seem to see the demo save file. I'm guessing that is a result of there already being a save on the card?

I tried holding A+B+X+Y to delete the save data (worked for Animal Crossing). I've also tried starting a new game repeatedly. I seem to be getting nowhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or know how to delete the save data from the game card?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    use a DS Phat or DSLite with a DS Flashcard and use a Save tool to corrupt the save data on the game
    so when it starts it will say its corrupt, wipe it, then hey presto, its like new

3. ayrek
    OP

ayrek GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    I'm sorry, I don't fully understand your solution. Why would I need a flash cart compatible DS?

I remembered I have an NDS Adapter from EMS, but I think I might have the earlier version, rather than the Plus, and it doesn't seem to want to do what I want it to.

4. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    because you need a DS Flashcard to boot the Save Reder/writer Homebrew

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager

How to Use DSaveManager ?
    - Setup WFC via a game (eg. Mario Kart)
    - Change the IP in the dsm.ini to that of the PC running the DSM.exe (Leave a newline at the end of the IP)
    - Load the DSM.nds on your DS/DSLite, any method should work fine.
    - Follow the onscreen instructions!
    DSaveManager is another DSavemanager for 3DS and DS, it is used for transfering save files from DS/3DS games via wlan to a PC,it was released by crediar.

You cant use the Homebrew in a 3DS because you cant hot swap cards

this meaning you have to get a 3DS cart into a DS Slot, either by putting the 3DS card in a DS case, or taking the notch off the 3DS cart

5. ayrek
    OP

ayrek GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    Ohhh, I understand.
    I took the same premise, but instead loaded the existing game, hit save, and ejected the card mid save. Boom, corrupted data.

Unfortunately, my demo data has now gone AWOL? So, I guess I have to start over anyway.
    Thank you for your replies. I'm kind of new to the whole 3DS thing. :)