Etrian Odyssey Nexus gets its first English trailer

The final Etrian Odyssey game for the 3DS, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, has already been announced to be headed westward. Today, Atlus has uploaded the first English trailer for the game. Nexus is the localized name of Etrian Odyssey X, and offers new character classes, hundreds of sidequests, and allows for veteran players to see familiar faces and locations, while also being a good starting point for those who have never picked up a title in the series before. Etrian Odyssey Nexus launches for the Nintendo 3DS next year, on February 5, 2019.

A royal decree from Princess Persephone has prompted the gathering of the realm’s greatest explorers to the floating city of Maginia. Their goal-uncovering the mysteries of the archipelago of Lemuria, home to a great Yggdrasil Tree. Recruit explorers from 19 classes spanning the entire Etrian series, including the brand new “Hero” class, before setting out to Lemuria in search of treasure and glory!

The longtime trio of Yuji Himukai (Character Designer), Shin Nagasawa (Monster Designer), and Yuzo Koshiro (Composer) return to bring life to Etrian Odyssey Nexus‘ world. With iconic representatives and locations from past Etrian games, over a hundred story-rich quests, variable difficulty settings, the return of accessibility features like auto-mapping (optional!), and much more, Etrian Odyssey Nexus is the definitive Etrian experience for both longtime fans and series newcomers. Gather your party, stock up on FOE repellant, and start brushing up on your mapping skills for the launch of Etrian Odyssey Nexus on February 5, 2019!

Key Features

• The Definitive Etrian Odyssey Experience – With more classes, characters, gameplay systems, and labyrinths than any other game in the series, Etrian Odyssey Nexus is the ultimate dungeon-crawling adventure.
  • Customize Your Perfect Exploration Party – Create and customize characters from 19 playable classes, then take on the dangerous creatures of Lemuria’s labyrinths with your perfect party!
  • Both Newcomers and Veterans Welcome! – With the ability to swap between four distinct difficulty settings, auto-mapping settings, and a grand standalone story, there’s something for everyone from series newcomers to experienced veterans.
  • A Love Letter to Etrian – Longtime series mainstays Yuji Himukai (Character Designer), Shin Nagasawa (Monster Designer), and Yuzo Koshiro (Composer) have come together to create the preeminent Etrian experience for the series’ final installment on the Nintendo 3DS.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been wanting to play an EO game, can anyone recommend one of the best? Or should I just wait for this new one? Thanks!
Any of the 3ds mainline games of EO should work for you if you like the type of games.
EO untold 1&2 are the ds games remade for 3ds with extra story and extra mechanics.
Though i would recommend the EO untold games

Reactions: Kilik410

Kilik410

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of the 3ds mainline games of EO should work for you if you like the type of games.
EO untold 1&2 are the ds games remade for 3ds with extra story and extra mechanics.
Though i would recommend the EO untold games

Well Thanks for that. Do you think there is one in particular I should try first? I heard the stories are all independent, but is one maybe better for newcomers? Im a huge RPG fan, this seemed close to RPG style, maybe with some twists. I normally start with an original entry to a series so if I like it I can get that experience of each one after being better and better. I had downloaded a few of the demos before I got my cfw so I might just check those if you don't have any specific recommendation and just see if one seems to especially draw me in. And thanks again!!

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well Thanks for that. Do you think there is one in particular I should try first? I heard the stories are all independent, but is one maybe better for newcomers? Im a huge RPG fan, this seemed close to RPG style, maybe with some twists. I normally start with an original entry to a series so if I like it I can get that experience of each one after being better and better. I had downloaded a few of the demos before I got my cfw so I might just check those if you don't have any specific recommendation and just see if one seems to especially draw me in. And thanks again!!
The first 3 games are on ds with the first game being the most unforgiven and lightest on the story, and yes the games are independent besides some mentions here and there.
I would say start with EO 3 on ds and then go EO 4, untold 1, untold 2 and then EO 5 basicly the realise order.
EO 1&2 for ds i would only recommend if you realy want that old unforgiving dungeon crawling.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nexus probably isn't the best experience for newbies, since its basically a mashup of 1-4 and has a bajillion classes to play with. Although it might not be a totally bad experience either, seems like it could be overwhelming.

EO 3 balance is still pretty bad. Some classes are near worthless and you need expertise to not die horribly (there's no "easy" modes), not to mention the weaker DS presentation of static sprites and vintage synth music, so I'd save it for later.

EO 1 untold story mode is a bit handholdy but I liked that for my first game, and the overall plot was compelling even if the moment-to-moment dialog was kinda cliche. The party they give you in story mode is pretty basic DPS/Tank/Heal so a good way to get a hang of the mechanics, and you just have a single dungeon to focus on like most of the series.

EO 4 is more open with a mini-world map and requiring you to build your own party, but fairly forgiving, especially on casual mode. Some people swear by EO 5 which is a bit more "back to basics" of a single big dungeon. There's free lengthy demos on the eshop for all the 3DS games so just try them out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.