Etrian Odyssey IV’s Casual Mode Kills Game Over Screens

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That really kills the fun of the game. Half the fun is that moment where your deciding whether to venture deeper and risk losing a ton of time, or going back to town.

Either way, i cant wait for this game. It's what got me into Dungeon Crawlers.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't play on casual mode.
Problem solved. It's for casuals, they suck at videogames.

So it's game over for the game over screen then?

I swear I facepalm on cue when I just see your name now, before even reading what you post.

Reactions: 5 people

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How horrible, adding a completely optional mode for people who think the game is too hard.
This will absolutely ruin the game for the ones that won't ever touch that mode.

Reactions: 5 people

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I spent so much time trying to progress on the previous one, not sure if I'll do that kind of time sink again

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the first 2 games were too hard, there is reasonably hard and too hard and they were both too hard, i dont know what it was about the 3rd that seemed easier but i really enjoyed playing the 3rd one, especially the added sea stuff, y'know, up untill i got to a rage inducing boss.

I think this can only help the game sell coz as most of you have pointed out, the casual mode is optional, i really hope they have retained the ship/sea stuff from the 3rd one too.

*Finds DS and resumes playing EO3*

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
F***ING CASUALS!
Learn to NOT SUCK at games.

I like that this is for casual mode, but you know what would be cool? If they did a Contra where the game is all like; "Congratulations! You finished the 2nd Stratum! This is as far as you can get on CAUSAL MODE now play the real mode to discover the TRUE ENDING, you F**KING CASUAL n00bS!"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice, as I've already said, it'll be lovely to not pass the first 40 minutes of the game on the first floor grinding monsters :P

No dungeon crawler is a true dungeon crawler without grinding experience.
Lovely, but I haven't got anymore 3/4 of my days free as when I was a kid. I'd appreciate a game that is completable in 40 hours, instead of 200 :P

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one for codes, but on the 3rd game, I had to flip the switch for 10 times xp. (I haven't played the others) when I went to face a boss without codes (10th) floor whale boss, or somewhere in the under sea level), I was absolutely screwed (I was Level 25 at that time). Even on codes, it took me about 3 hours to grind to level 40 at which I still only just beat him. I probably would have lost interest if it wasn't for the codes. The games are much too grind heavy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1