Gaming Etrian Odyssey III March 4th, 2010 Jp

Axz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atlus announces Etrian Odyssey III: Visitors to Star Ocean, will support DS wireless play and up to 5 players. All job classes and character illustrations are being renewed. New jobs include prince/princess, phalanx, monk, pirate and zombie.

Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/603.html

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome!
biggrin.gif
Currently playing the second one. I skipped the first one since i saw no use in playing that one with the second one released.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! same here, didn't really played the first one and currently going through the second.

A Ocean-Theme sound really awesome.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Those games are terrible, I don't see why anyone would play them

You know that's like youtube....always someone coming and saying something bad about it....keep it to yourself it's supposed to be good news
biggrin.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't complete the first game...
Cos I was stuck on the first quest where you have to draw a map or something.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saw this yesterday before going to school.

damn my pants were wet
ohmy.gif

srsly, this totally made my day.
This is the most awesome news to hit the internetz
since EO2 was announced.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only beat the final boss in EO 1 by cheating and that with my characters near maxed. Got really really tired of all the grinding after awhile. Played Dark Spire hoping it'd be better and it was for a little while until they started pulling the cheesy, corny uber-hard-can-only-be-beaten-with-a-walkthrough puzzles outta one of their deep smelly orifice's.
rolleyes.gif

Would have enjoyed Dark Spire more but all of the intentional round-abouting (Certain floors that are blocked off and can only be got to from two floors up, being forced to manually go through a number of floors to reach a deeper one again and again, etc. etc) got old fast. EO 1 had alot of this as well, but at least it wasn't as stupid as Pirates (Plus ship!!) in a multi-storey tower!

If I weren't already so so backed up and buried in games I want to play I'd probably be interested. I still have EO 2 though and I'm not planning on getting into that one anytime in the foreseeable future (1 year or more!).

If it were more like the Bard's Tale then I'd be gahgah. But having zombies and princesses as party character classes sounds about as dumb as having pirates in a dungeon set in a tower!

Heh...but what do I care...I'm not looking forward to this at all. I wish BioWare would port something to the DS. Getting tired of all the anime-inspired retro glunk and the funky but bleh RPG tactical and RTS-mixed button-progressed epicrud.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Ferrariman said:

Sir, The games are awesome, You need to distinguish about you don't liking a game and a game being bad.

The fact that it requieres hours of grinding doesn't means it's bad, It's just other kind of RPG.

The sad part is that i don't think anybody here will buy it.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
Ferrariman said:

Sir, The games are awesome, You need to distinguish about you don't liking a game and a game being bad.

The fact that it requieres hours of grinding doesn't means it's bad, It's just other kind of RPG.

The sad part is that i don't think anybody here will buy it.

i wouldnt buy it even if i liked it. non-supporter FTW!

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
GameSoul said:
i wouldnt buy it even if i liked it. non-supporter FTW!

^ That's a good example of what i mean.

So it doesn't matters at all if the game is good or not, People will still just pirate.

Let's hear for another year of free games! Great games like this will just be full on devoured by the online community, and 80% of the people who say they buy stuff end up pirating it anyway.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
GameSoul said:
Let's hear for another year of free games! Great games like this will just be full on devoured by the online community, and 80% of the people who say they buy stuff end up pirating it anyway.

The bad part is that games like "Pokemon" get just good sales even if people pìrates, Diamond and pearl sold around 15 millions of units, But Etrian Odyssey sold around 110,000 copies tell me that's fair?,And don't get me wrong i don't mean, "OMG WTF BBQ I LUV THIS GAEM WHY IT DOSEN'T SELLS LIKE POKEYMANS!?", Etrian was just an example but this happens just too much in general gaming.

And all i know is that i don't belong to that 80%, Cause i would rather pirate a mainstream game from a company which doesn't needs my support than pirating a good game with a low crowd from a company who makes and localizes games that any company want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup