Gaming Etrian Odyssey III AP Fix.. Still nothing out yet?

Siveria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any idea if any of the scene groups are working on Etrian Odyssey III, or if anyone at all is? Been 3-4 days since a good dump of it has been released and we've heard nothing really about it, least on the AP fix side of it. Wonder if they are having a hard time with it, didn't some game take about 2 weeks for them to fix the AP?

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are just having a hard time dealing with people nagging about it. But hey, look on the bright side. The full game is out. If anyone really can't wait there's always that perfectly working retail copy.

3-4 days... Sheesh.

Siveria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If DSTWO can run it perfectly.. what does it have that other Flashcards lack? It must have something other than a 2.5-3x higher pricetag.

Valatros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read, it has an onboard processor that lets it do some sort of proactive anti-piracy changes without needing an update... among other things. Let's it run basically any proper dump without any kind of AP fix or firmware update, it seems.

Siveria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valatros said:
From what I've read, it has an onboard processor that lets it do some sort of proactive anti-piracy changes without needing an update... among other things. Let's it run basically any proper dump without any kind of AP fix or firmware update, it seems.

Intersting maybe i'll pick one up, but what happens if they somehow find a way to block the chip inside it?

Lorahalo

Trophies
XP
Country
I WOULD go out and buy a retail copy but I'm Australian and get dicked over in every way imaginable when it comes to games.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Siveria said:
Valatros said:

Intersting maybe i'll pick one up, but what happens if they somehow find a way to block the chip inside it?
Then it'll be like any other flashcard and need to rely on firmware updates.
tongue.gif

Well, it'll also have superior GBA/SNES emulation I suppose, haha.

Valatros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the same thing that happens if they somehow find a way to block the chips on all the other flashcarts out there. Guessing "blocking a chip" is one of those borderline impossible things for them to do though, even if it IS an easy thing to say... since if they were able to do such a thing, they'd just dismantle an acekard, see the chip in it and block it and kill the entire ds rom scene.

If you meant blocking the processor... not possible. The processor doesn't do anything to the DS, it's like a small minicomputer built onto the flash cart... I imagine the anti-AP simply watches the ROM data being read, and if it ever reads an address expecting a certain result and tries to freeze for finding the wrong value, it alters the value to what's expected (if that makes any sense...?). Just an assumption though, I've the bare minimum of knowledge on how such things might work.

Siveria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valatros said:
Probably the same thing that happens if they somehow find a way to block the chips on all the other flashcarts out there. Guessing "blocking a chip" is one of those borderline impossible things for them to do though, even if it IS an easy thing to say... since if they were able to do such a thing, they'd just dismantle an acekard, see the chip in it and block it and kill the entire ds rom scene.

If you meant blocking the processor... not possible. The processor doesn't do anything to the DS, it's like a small minicomputer built onto the flash cart... I imagine the anti-AP simply watches the ROM data being read, and if it ever reads an address expecting a certain result and tries to freeze for finding the wrong value, it alters the value to what's expected (if that makes any sense...?). Just an assumption though, I've the bare minimum of knowledge on how such things might work.

It makes sense to me, and I could see it working that way.

Drascin

Trophies
XP
Country
HeatMan Advance said:
I think they are just having a hard time dealing with people nagging about it. But hey, look on the bright side. The full game is out. If anyone really can't wait there's always that perfectly working retail copy.

3-4 days... Sheesh.

Unless you're one of us PAL peasants. Then you get your choice of either paying gouging import prices (seriously, 20$ shipping just for an "arrives in around 4 days" is really rather nasty, when you're buying a 30$ item) to get it decently soon, or pay just an extra 20% more for the privilege of receiving it in maybe two weeks or so.

Sometimes it really sucks, being European. 's why I'm so desperate for a fix. But nagging helps with nothing, so I just shut up and wait expectantly...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1