Hacking Eternal Darkness Will Not Load on Wiikey 2 + Softmod

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tanas said:
Checked a few forums and found that it doesnt work with the wiikey 2.
You'll need Gamecube Backup Launcher to run it using B, but the game has issues.

This is taken from the Gamecube Backup Launcher Compatibility List.
NTSC-U/-J Press 'B' to start. Works perfectly, until you die. The game resets after the Game Over screen (by design). Works on multi. Does not work shrunk. Tested on Xi/0.2. No background music in 0.3 gamma.

PAL unshrinked does not work, shrinked freeze by the video of emperor charlemagne/Both shrinked and unshrinked boots fine with WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher version Xi. Press start to skip the intro after Video Mode selector otherwise it may freeze. Works fine with multiboot, just press start to skip intro.

Sorry, you can't take the stuff about GC backup launchers and expect any of it to work the same way when using a modchip. When you use a modchip, the backup is recognised as retail disc, and WiiGator's loader can't read retail discs! I'm repeating myself, but i can launch my retail disc of Eternal Darkness with cMIOS + NeoGamma set to GC mode internal with the eject trick, and it works from disc channel when i have an unmodified MIOS installed. If the chip doesn't handle the streaming correctly, there's no way to get past the error. (it's not technically impossible, i just don't know anything that loads in a way that would work in that case).

PS: The crash on death is a softmod only issue, and it's fixed in NeoGamma R9 beta XX by just enabling the reloader.

SharkSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There isn't ANY way at all? I tried those audio fixes but they didn't work... Like altering the ISO etc?

While I agree with what Wiipower is saying, i still tried that, pressed B on Gamecube Backup Launcher. Because of reasons WiiPower listed above, I still got that error.

So I'm stuck with Resident Evil 1 and Twin Snakes huh... No Eternal Darkness... FOR NOW i hope
frown.gif

Jurai do you have a Wiikey 2? If not, how is that relevant
frown.gif
I've tried GCOS Multi Disk, but i don't know about Gcos' audiofix... If you happen to have a Wiikey, please tell me how to do what you just done
frown.gif

Ok, apperantly you were talking about that "enable/disable" thingy, audio setup. Well i enabled and disabled it, didn't work.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SharkSmile said:
Hi guys. I have a problem that's been driving me crazy since last night. I wasted 3 disks, tried 2 different isos with no solution whatsoever. I googled all around the net but i can't even get a decent solution. Hell, I don't know if there is a solution...

Problem is this: I just bought Gamecube controller and memory card for playing Eternal Darkness and Twin Snakes on my Softmodded AND hardmodded (with wiikey 2) PAL wii. First I burnt Twin Snakes, which worked wonderfully. But when i tried to burn and launch Eternal Darkness, it gave me an error at startup screen (at edgar allan poe Poem, something about referring to the booklet).

Things I tried:
Different Media (Verbatim, Diamond (Philips) Burned at 1x 4x 8x
Different Speeds as I said above
Gecko OS Multi Disk (I tried it)
Patching with FSTFIX
Patching with VIPER
Fiddled with various settings of modchip (audio fix on-off, changed read speed to 3x and then 6x, turned region patcher on off etc).

And nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING made this game work. I'm beginning to think that it is about Wiikey 2, but why also softmod (Neogamma, GC Backup Launcher 0.1, 0.2) does not work? I installed MIOS patch too, but it doesn't work. My original disc doesn't work either :/ (I thought maybe my disc was not reliable and also tried downloading different ISO's from different regions, doesn't work)

Any suggestions other than removing the chip and what causes the problem?
you're holding it wrong

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, well i have the latest wiikey update 1.3 odyssey. i have a ntsc wii 4.2

i use all settings in the settings disc except block disc updates (because i use priiloader)

i use sony dvd-r burnt at any speed ( i burn at 16x) im on a mac i use a program called burn.

now ive found rhat my wii doesnt do dvdx very well with the modchip so i install patchmii_core and dvdx works fine again.

every game ive ever thrown at my wiikey 2 works. however i have not tried this game.

oh yeah and i found that when i tried to install a cmios a long time ago, it totally wrecked my gc loading abilities. so i installed the regular mios at the time and my wiikey was back to normal again.

SharkSmile

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, try this game first terminal_ilness. Other than this I'm able to run every GC and Wii game i've burnt too. But my guess is it has a chance to work because yours is a NTSC wii. I read in the forums that especially PAL Wii's with Wiikey 2's are plauged with this problem.
patchmii_core is a system update program, it has nothing to do with this and i don't know what you are talking about when you say DVDX...
I installed back the latest version of official MIOS with Waninkoko's program (MIOS v10) but even when I didn't have any cMIOS installed i had the problem (well cMIOS didn't wreck my capabilities anyway, i could still play Twin Snakes when I had cMIOS installed). I get the error with loud popping sound from speakers (on some discs i burnt) and drive completely stops spinning.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dvdx is a component needed to play dvds and is also needed for some emulators to even run(wii64) i was just mentioning it to you just incase you ever wanted to try out dvdx. installing patchmii_core fixes what the modchip does to my dvdx. lol

hmm, how old is the wii? sounds like a hardware problem. if its making those noises.

and i am not familiar with pal wii's and wiikey2. i will try to find the game and see if i can get it running.

evala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i already before some time spend a lot of time on trying to play this game with my wiikey2 - AND ITS NOT POSSIBLE, the audio fix in wiikey2 is broken and is not working.

i don't understand why anybody in here says that it plays all GC games as it doesn't play quite a lot of GC games i have a huge collection of GC back-ups and at least 20-30 that doesn't play.

the only way to play this game i found was to just buy the original (fortunate for me the stupid shops in bulgaria have stocks of games from 10 years ago). it plays great when you have the original and believe me this game deserves to be played.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoGamma R9 beta 30 is now able to play the game on softmodded Wiis as backup and all Wiis that don't mess audio streaming up(crappy chips!) as retail disc. You need the linked cMIOS and set NeoGamma to GC mode internal. If you have a chip you can try the alternative cMIOS as well, but it should get you the exact same result.

Now if the game is not playable with this, i'm 100% sure it's the chip's fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: