Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went out on a limb here. Looked at our new sponsor, etcome.com, and some prices aren't too bad. So I decided to place an order, albeit a very small one, despite hearing nothing good nor bad about this place, whether it is a reputable site or not.

http://www.etcome.com/product/lcd-screen-guard-protector-with-cleaning-cloth-for-3ds.html

I know these are probably not great. But if it protects the screen, it's good enough for me. I don't need military grade protection, I just want something thats not going to dissolve if I touch it. So I ordered two, one for me and one for the 3DS I got my little brother for Christmas.

Total came out to just under 3 bucks, which all considered isn't bad at all. So here now I have 2 tests. 1, to find out the legitimacy of the site, and 2, see how good they are with getting stuff out in a timely fashion (will I get it before Christmas?). It says shipping takes 7-14 days with the free ground shipping, so as of right now, that takes me to December 16th. Giving them a week to process the order (which is an obscene amount of time, but DX seems to take that...) takes me to December 23rd. That's going to be a tight squeeze if they take long, so let's hope they don't.

I'll report back when I get the stuff. (Also, I am sorry if I seem "harsh" for being skeptical of our new sponsor. But from what I have seen, nobody here has heard of this site. Nobody is gonna know if they're legit if they don't order, and until we know they're legit nobody is likely going to make a large purchase.)

Also, they only accept paypal. Food for thought.

~Plasma

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and just to point something out, I had estimated I would get it on the 16th of December.

Here we are on the 15th with it.

Sent out in a timely fashion? Absolutely.
Actually carries and sends the merch they advertise? So far
Reputable? I can't promise that, nor can anyone till a lot of people start ordering from them. But I since they got me my stuff before Christmas, they are in my good graces, and I trust them.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered an Acekard 2i on the 5th, got it today (the 19th.)
So I guess it took like two weeks for it to get here. Which is pretty standard for China post so it's whatever.
The Acekard is real, and came in the original box and all that jazz. All in all I am very pleased with this store.

Though, they say there is free tracking when there is not. If I put in my order number it says it's not available. And clicking the regular, visible link on their website for tracking takes me to a page explaining that they give free tracking and what it is, but no place to enter your numbers into. The number isn't even a tracking number, either. Just the order number for their site. I had to keep checking my mail everyday for it, haha.

tl,dr

It's a trustworthy site. Buy stuff from them. Prices are good. Shipping is free, but varies in delivery time. Tracking system sucks / does not exist.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got two Acekard 2is and 3 4GB microSD cards. One of the MicroSD adapters was broken, and they haven't responded. I didn't need it, but it was still a bummer.
Other than that, everything here seems legit and stuff.

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Wow! I was just browsing through their catalogue was thinking of purchasing SuperCard DSTwo from them since they accept PayPal, should I go ahead, any insights very much appreciated!

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go ahead with ordering them, defunct32. Based off of my own personal experience (one order) and the few responses here, they seem legit. Maybe not the best/any tracking or, according to Janthran, customer support, but if they weren't for real I don't think they'd still be GBATemp's sponsor

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I'd go ahead with ordering them, defunct32. Based off of my own personal experience (one order) and the few responses here, they seem legit. Maybe not the best/any tracking or, according to Janthran, customer support, but if they weren't for real I don't think they'd still be GBATemp's sponsor

Perfect! I will give this a go, then! ; )

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for some reason you can't email them. You get a message from "Mailer Daemon" saying invalid email address.
Solution: Have no problems.
The stuff I ordered from there pretty much all works fine.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
yeah I can't visit the site either, all that loads is the page title and some stuff...

we are changing affiliates and ditching etcome starting on june 1st.

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be safe to buy a flashcart there and ship it to the Netherlands?
How much chance is there that the customs will destroy the flashcart as its forbidden to import it here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1