Hacking Question et another EmuMMC firmware update thread ... Updating EmuMMC while retaining SysNAND

level42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a switch on Firmware 3.0.0

I installed Atmosphere 0.9.4 and EmuMMC on a SD partition.

Question:

Can I simply boot the EmuMMC and run the factory firmware update? What would this do to my SysNAND, or Fuses?

OR:

Do I have to run ChoiDujourNX to update my EmuMMC?

---

Being new to ChoiDujourNX, is this something I'd have to run and update each time my EmuMMC boots?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a switch on Firmware 3.0.0

I installed Atmosphere 0.9.4 and EmuMMC on a SD partition.

Question:

Can I simply boot the EmuMMC and run the factory firmware update? What would this do to my SysNAND, or Fuses?

OR:

Do I have to run ChoiDujourNX to update my EmuMMC?

---

Being new to ChoiDujourNX, is this something I'd have to run and update each time my EmuMMC boots?
Don't go online on your emuNAND, you have a high chance of getting banned.
Always use ChoiDujourNX. Works the same as a stock firmware update, just offline.

level42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't go online on your emuNAND, you have a high chance of getting banned.
Always use ChoiDujourNX. Works the same as a stock firmware update, just offline.

This is my second switch explicitly for modding ^_^

I will check out ChoiDujourNX. Thanks for the tips :)

level42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should I disable autoRCM?

It claims it would burn fuses then, but most of what I've read online says that with EmuMMC, you should disable AutoRCM mode.

Noggerfragger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AFAIK since you updated emummc fw and the check is done at boot, booting emummc trough hekate should be safe with or without autorcm.

I'm in a similar situation but every time I try updating with choidujour it crashes with the black error window, I'm looking forward to see your results, glhf.

level42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AFAIK since you updated emummc fw and the check is done at boot, booting emummc trough hekate should be safe with or without autorcm.

I'm in a similar situation but every time I try updating with choidujour it crashes with the black error window, I'm looking forward to see your results, glhf.

So, I simply updated to 9.0.0 and left autoRCM off, allowing it to burn fuses.

The result, my EmuMMC updated to 9.0.0, and my stock firmware remains on 3.0.0

My fuse count, still only shows 3 even after numerous reboot cycles ...

Noggerfragger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I simply updated to 9.0.0 and left autoRCM off, allowing it to burn fuses.

The result, my EmuMMC updated to 9.0.0, and my stock firmware remains on 3.0.0

My fuse count, still only shows 3 even after numerous reboot cycles ...
Very nice, that's because the fuses are burnt during the normale/non-hekate boot process, since the emummc passes from the cfw setup you have that's not a possibility it seems.
For future reference: I solved my problem by avoiding using a forwarder to get into homebrew menu.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I did learn about the other thing about SysNAND, but I'll recap about EmuNAND.

Use the DNS settings to block Nintendo's servers on EmuNAND. Even better, if you're using an NNID on the system, block them on SysNAND, then do RCM injection, and copy the SysNAND to EmuNAND. Haven't had a single ban yet from this.

Now, as for updating EmuMMC. ChoiDujourNX is a tool that can update the firmware without going online. But you need to get the firmware files, and even if it's free to retrieve (And copyright, according to here), I can't spare the details on getting the files.

Then, after copying the folder to your SD Card, use ChoiDujourNX to update the firmware. I might suggest using the ExFAT version, to support that format as well at FAT32.

When you update EmuMMC, it won't burn any fuses, since the MMC backup is not on your internal MMC.

I'm just giving you a recap here, so hopefully you do well updating the firmware!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: