Gaming Essential's

vengfulr3ap3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking for new game's to play and stuff like that and i saw the essentials lists on here. so i was wondering, how come the essentials list haven't been updated in so long??

I mean, wouldn't it be beneficial, and also help to cut down on "hey whats some good games to play" kinda threads?
or have there just not been many releases worth noting as of late? just a thought.

-D

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if people would just read gamespot & IGN reviews it'd cut down on those threads too. And these.

vengfulr3ap3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I think if people would just read gamespot & IGN reviews it'd cut down on those threads too. And these.

Well not to rain on your parade but i DO read gamespot, gamefaqs, and IGN reviews. but there are MANY times that "official reviewers" will give some game a crappy score when its totally awesome, i dare you to find one gamer who hasnt disagreed at least one time with ah "official" review.

why do you think the "essentials" and "most under rated games" threads came to life in the first place? i was just wondering why they havent been updated in so long =/ you dont have to be an ass...

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Nov 28 2009, 12:25 PM) the thing is that only the topic poster or a moderator can edit the first post
so they have probably been busy with other things

That was my thought too. and i know only a mod or topic starter can edit the first post. but one list hasnt been updated since like march. and then another june or july or something and then sept.. i dont think i've ever saw a mod be that busy.

Retal

Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
just read gamespot & IGN reviews
lolzgg.jpg

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
I think if people would just read gamespot & IGN Guild McCommunist's reviews it'd cut down on those threads too. And these.

Fixed
tongue.gif

Anyway..

- WiiWare: Probably World of Goo or Tetris Party
- Virtual Console: Ocarina of Time, without a doubt
- Wii games: That's a toughie, but probably Super Mario Galaxy

vengfulr3ap3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Ossot said:
I think if people would just read gamespot & IGN Guild McCommunist's reviews it'd cut down on those threads too. And these.

Fixed
tongue.gif

Anyway..

- WiiWare: Probably World of Goo or Tetris Party
- Virtual Console: Ocarina of Time, without a doubt
- Wii games: That's a toughie, but probably Super Mario Galaxy

Dont have the WiiWare games. but i have the rest. anymore suggestions? if you dont mind of course

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just go to gamerankings, do an advanced search, and grab everything that has a user rating above 75%. That's what I do when I get a new system.
yaynds.gif

vengfulr3ap3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retrievil said:
just go to gamerankings, do an advanced search, and grab everything that has a user rating above 75%. That's what I do when I get a new system.
yaynds.gif

oh dude cool! thanks alot
happy.gif

Retal said:
QUOTE(Retrievil @ Nov 29 2009, 11:45 PM) just go to gamerankings, do an advanced search, and grab everything that has a user rating above 75%. That's what I do when I get a new system.
yaynds.gif
That site doesn't seem to have anything to do with user reviews. How do you do this "advanced search"?

you probably have to make an account on it. some websites are like that and wont allow you to do a search on them unless you have an account and stuff.

vengfulr3ap3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
vengfulr3ap3r said:
you probably have to make an account
You're probably just making things up.

Okay, I apologize.
I didn't see any kind of "search" function.
So I assumed you had to make an account for that to be available to you, like gamefaqs for example. considering that website looks just like it..

But just to clarify, in order to search. you just click on "all time best" and fill out the appropiate info from the drop down menus. and there ya go. sorry.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vengfulr3ap3r said:
Well not to rain on your parade but i DO read gamespot, gamefaqs, and IGN reviews. but there are MANY times that "official reviewers" will give some game a crappy score when its totally awesome, i dare you to find one gamer who hasnt disagreed at least one time with ah "official" review.

ahh my bad. I see what you're saying. Hopefully gamespot and it's affiliate sites add a feature where they show the average *user* ranking of games. Maybe they could even add a pretty 3d pie chart or something along with a shit ton of user reviews. Who knows, just a thought.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What has happened in the past is that if someone else is willing to continue updating an inactive list the list they check with the thread creator or contact a member of staff to give the okay (the second usually done when the member hasn't been on the forum for ages).

When the okay is given that person then creates the new thread and it's pinned in place of the old thread.

If you're interested in updating an inactive thread follow what I've just said
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt