Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let's have a PS3 essentials list as well. If there's input, this can live =D.
Number of votes in paranthesis.

Package Games:
Army of Two (1)
Assassin's Creed (6)
Battlefield Bad Company (1)
Bioshock (1)
Bladestorm (1)
Borderlands (3)
Burnout Paradise (5)
Buzz Quiz TV (1)
Call of Duty 4 (3)
Call of Duty World at War (4)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2)
Condemned 2: BloodShot (1)
Dead Space (4)
Demon's Souls (1)
Devil May Cry 4 (8)
Disgaea 3 (4)
DJ Hero (1)
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (2)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (4)
Endwar (1)
Fallout 3 (3)
Fifa 09 (1)
Fifa 10 (1)
Folklore (Folks Soul) (5)
Full Auto 2: Battlelines (1)
God of War Collection (1)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue / Spec 2 (3)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (10)
Guitar Hero III (2)
Heavenly Sword (4)
inFamous (2)
Killzone 2 (4)
Little Big Planet (11)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest (1)
Madden NFL 07 (1)
Mercenaries 2 (1)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (17)
Mobile Suit Gundam Senki (1)
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe (1)
Motor Storm (7)
Motor Storm: Pacific Rift (2)
Need For Speed: Shift (1)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (2)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (3)
Prince of Persia (1)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (1)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (18)
Resident Evil 5 (2)
Resistance:Fall of Man (8)
Resistance 2 (6)
Ridge Racer 7 (4)
Rock Band (2)
Saints Raw 2 (1)
Soul Calibur 4 (5)
Street Fighter 4 (3)
The Eye of Judgement (2)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (16)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3)
Unreal Tournament III (3)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (2)
Warhawk (6)
Valkyria Chronicles (6)
Virtua Fighter 5 (4)

PSN Games:
Bionic Commando Rearmed (1)
Burn Zombie Burn (2)
Calling All Cars (2)
Castlevania: SOTN (1)
Crash Commando (1)
Crystal Defenders (1)
Echochrome (3)
Everyday Shooter (2)
Flow (2)
Flower (2)
Gran Turismo HD Concept (2)
Megaman 9 (1)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty (1)
Super Rub a Dub (3)
Super Stardust HD (4)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (3)
Pain (4)
Penny Arcade Adventures (1)
Pixel Junk Eden (1)
Pixel Junk Monsters (4)
Pixel Junk Monsters Encore (1)
Tekken 5:DR (5)
The Last Guy (2)
Wipeout HD (8)

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, don't kid yourself. I'm not trying to flame, but you seriously have to wait a little while. All I can think of now are Resistance, Motorstorm, Sigma, and that's about it. Maybe Warhawk as well.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The games that I didn't vote for Essentials, yet still worth mentioning

I can't really recommend Lair unless that person has beaten Super Rub a Dub. (I have All golds, but still Lair took some time to get used to)

Dark Kingdom second-hand price should be very low by now, not a bad game except jumps are annoying. If the price is

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have to agree with hollabackitsobi
There isn't really anything to vote, as the essentials run down to at most 5 games.
We should wait about at least a year more before we start picking out essentials. You know, when the PS3 HAS a few essentials. The only games really worth it for me run down to Folklore and Haze (if I didn't miss anything). And both of these aren't even released, yet.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Heavenly Sword recently, not very good at all! Seemed like an first gen PS2 game with pretty graphics.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are no essential PS3 games yet. Wait a year or so 'til some of the bigger titles have been released and we'll see.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
lol, don't kid yourself. I'm not trying to flame, but you seriously have to wait a little while. All I can think of now are Resistance, Motorstorm, Sigma, and that's about it. Maybe Warhawk as well.
Are you saying that wii has so many great games that it has to have essential list?
biggrin.gif

EDIT: oh wait, wii doesn't have essential list. Just assumed that there is one.
frown.gif

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Super rub-a-dub is an essential for both novelty and price is right.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have to agree with hollabackitsobi
There isn't really anything to vote, as the essentials run down to at most 5 games.
We should wait about at least a year more before we start picking out essentials. You know, when the PS3 HAS a few essentials. The only games really worth it for me run down to Folklore and Haze (if I didn't miss anything). And both of these aren't even released, yet.

Folkslore is already out, both Japanese version and English version (Hong Kong version comes with complete Chinese/English dual language, except the manual. There's basically no difference between the HK version played with English setting and US version. Although at this point, just wait a week for NA release I guess.)

I own or used to own all the games I voted. I still have 12 games even after trading in/selling as used.
I wouldn't consider KZ2, MGS4, FF13/V13, and whatever else to be essential unless I play/beat it and felt that it was good.
Haze seems decent, but it only "seems" decent at this point, I need a demo before I decide to buy it. And me buying the game doesn't guarantee I'll vote it for Essential.

Where's Virtua Fighter 5? Best next-gen beat-'em-up by a mile.

PS3 version is 5b and 360 version is 5c with online, I don't think I want 5b over 5c so I didn't vote for it. But your vote counts.

And for Heavenly Sword, I have absolutely no idea why the play time is even mentioned in magazine reviews.
Almost all of action game franchises' first games were that short. Maybe reviewers think bigger disc = longer gameplay?

HS doesn't have complex mazes or force you to backtrack, they created a map, used it once, and you almost never go back to that map again. I don't think it's a good/bad thing just Ninja Theory's level design style. Kind of a waste, but it fits the story.
Prince of Persia or Ninja Gaiden backtrack quite a lot, maybe time consuming but not necessarily annoying or degrading gameplay.

Of 10 hours I spent on Normal Mode (I was getting all glyphs) I died 3 times. I can't even count how many times I died in 5 hours of God of War 1 the first time I played through. And the level design is straightforward. Ninja Theory underestimated hardcore action fans ability to play maybe, but I played it more than GoW1 or 2. I'm doing my third playthrough on Hell Mode.

So what's the difference between "Okay there's a door, oh it's already open now I have to kill off the enemies, yay area beaten in 5 minutes" and "Okay there's a door. It's locked I need to activate it from all the way there using a special key, uhoh enemies. Yay I spent good 30 minutes on this area"
Preference.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hah, why don't you put games that are about to come out? here is my wishlist of PS3 games:

Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Folklore
Getaway
Golden Axe
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo 5 prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Heavenly Sword
Heavy Rain
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
half life The Orange Box
Resident Evil 5
Stuntman: Ignition
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Unreal Tournament III

i'm guessing this topic will be sabotaged by silly xbot trolls sooner or later
rolleyes.gif

anyways essential list of games imo for the PS3:

heavenly sword
oblivion
gran turismo HD (because it free)
Ridge racer 7
folklore (i'm buying on release)

and OP you got to be joking, bladestorm is one of the most boring games i have played, i played the demo and was bored to death!

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hah, why don't you put games that are about to come out? here is my wishlist of PS3 games:

-list-

and OP you got to be joking, bladestorm is one of the most boring games i have played, i played the demo and was bored to death!

Well some big named titles can fall, if you voted FF12 as Essential for PS2 before release, you could have been shot afterwards (Not saying it's a horrible game, but certainly not up to expectations after a decent FF10)
It's not too late to actually play the game's retail and figure out if it was worth it, that's my bullcrap philosophy
biggrin.gif

But Yeah we surely can have a wishlist of games.

And for Bladestorm, I've seen way more positive comments about demos on both PS3 and 360 forums, it's the best Koei game I've played, if it had 2 player co-op, I could even skip DW6. And well the demo kinda fails, I bought the Japanese version, true fun doesn't start until level mid-20, yet in the demo you can hardly get over level 15. The demo feels like tutorial and grinding's inbred child =P but I guess if you didn't like the demo it won't change much in full version either...

Don't worry if nobody else agrees it won't receive votes and people will ignore it =P

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
PS3 essentials?
I want to throw mine in the bin because it's so useless!

I'm excited for LittleBigPlanet but I'm preparing myself to be disappointed..

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PS3 essentials?
I want to throw mine in the bin because it's so useless!

I'm excited for LittleBigPlanet but I'm preparing myself to be disappointed..
LittleBigPlanet (looks amazing!), GTA, and MotorStorm would be the only reasons I'd buy a PS3!
But, ya know, they are some good reasons.

But...this is an Essentials List, sorry deathfisaro for rambling.

Forgot to add:

Madden NFL 07

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well before looking at 360 Essentials list the only reason I considered buying 360 was Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. (Sakaguchi FTW!) After checking out the list, I'm dedicated to get one as soon as 65nm CPU and HDMI are mounted on Premiums.
That's the reason for this list.

Also, when I walk around streets, I don't walk up to people and and tell them they're ugly, fat, have horrible fashion sense and stuff. I just walk ignore and past them.

I don't need you people to tell me the list is useless, I'm aware of how small number of people can benefit from this, so stop telling me "OMGPS3SUXWTFKTHXBAI".
If you have spare time go make a Wii Essentials list so people don't buy Mario Party again.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well some big named titles can fall, if you voted FF12 as Essential for PS2 before release, you could have been shot afterwards (Not saying it's a horrible game, but certainly not up to expectations after a decent FF10)
It's not too late to actually play the game's retail and figure out if it was worth it, that's my bullcrap philosophy
biggrin.gif

But Yeah we surely can have a wishlist of games.

And for Bladestorm, I've seen way more positive comments about demos on both PS3 and 360 forums, it's the best Koei game I've played, if it had 2 player co-op, I could even skip DW6. And well the demo kinda fails, I bought the Japanese version, true fun doesn't start until level mid-20, yet in the demo you can hardly get over level 15. The demo feels like tutorial and grinding's inbred child =P but I guess if you didn't like the demo it won't change much in full version either...

Don't worry if nobody else agrees it won't receive votes and people will ignore it =P

well i'm a huge fan of the final fantasy series so im going to buy it on release, as for that bladestorm game, i cannot stand the dynasty warriors series, it's just the same game over and over, even that gundam demo i tried was exactly like the bladestrom demo but with robots 0_o

but thats my opinion and i can see it's a type of game you enjoy so thats that.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well before looking at 360 Essentials list the only reason I considered buying 360 was Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. (Sakaguchi FTW!)
Sakaguchi seems to be stuck in the past, remaking FF6 (or FF7 if you will) over and over again. Granted his new games are prettier, but the gameplay is essentially the same - and given the amount of time that has passed since you'd expect him to have developed a bit. Immense grinding and random encounters - among other things - were okay back then (as a result of technological limitations), but not these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free