ESRB shows listing for PC port of Atlus's Catherine

IMG_2728.JPG

A rather odd picture has showed up over on the Steam page for Bayonetta. SEGA, who is in charge of publishing for the game, uploaded a picture of a sheep to the community page, with the simple caption of, "Baa". This led fans to believe that Catherine, another title that SEGA published, will soon make its way to PC. Furthermore, as of January 4, 2019, Catherine's ESRB rating has been updated to reflect a new platform: PC. A definitive version of the game titled Catherine: Full Body is currently in development for PlayStation 4, while the speculated PC version is thought to be for the original game, now called Catherine Classic. After this, yet another sheep tease appeared on an additional SEGA game page: Valkyria Chronicles 4. If this indeed is a port of the game to Steam, it would mark the first modern PC port for an Atlus developed title, perhaps paving the way for more of their games to head to the platform in the future.

:arrow: Bayonetta Page
:arrow: Valkyria Chronicles Page
:arrow: ESRB Rating

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wow, never heard of the game before. Is it any good?
The art style looks pretty reminiscent of Persona 5.
Made by the same studio that made Persona 5.

It's nice to see more games published by Sega get published on PC. Pretty stoked when Yakuza Zero came out. I played Kiwami about a few weeks before Zero was announced for PC but I haven't really bought it since I want to own it on PS4. I'm fine with this as it'll get the games more exposure rather than being locked on one platform.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm really excited to see that Catherine is actually getting ported to PC (loved the puzzles and the story itself being mixed into them). If it's just going to be the original version without any plans to port the content from Full Body, then I'll probably just play it on my Vita once that one's out instead.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, never heard of the game before. Is it any good?
The art style looks pretty reminiscent of Persona 5.
It is amazing if you like puzzle gameplay atleast, but the gameplay is really good as is the sound plus the story is just great

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the appeal of this game again? Is it because atlus is a popular game developer or what exactly? Someone told me it's like playing Q-bert and i hate that game. :blink:
You could call it that but it is similar but it's also not similar and that doesn't make much sense but i don't like Q-bert but i do enjoy Catherine a lot

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is amazing if you like puzzle gameplay atleast, but the gameplay is really good as is the sound plus the story is just great

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could call it that but it is similar but it's also not similar and that doesn't make much sense but i don't like Q-bert but i do enjoy Catherine a lot
Please don't speak in kingdom hearts riddles, I can't take that anymore. :ninja:

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PC listing on the ESRB page was years ago, nothing new there but the Australian PEGI page and the sega posts deffo are saying that its coming.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
What's the appeal of this game again? Is it because atlus is a popular game developer or what exactly? Someone told me it's like playing Q-bert and i hate that game. :blink:
I suppose that Q-bert is a rather simplistic comparison, though it doesn't exactly get the whole point/mechanics across.
There's ledge grabbing, pushing/pulling blocks, and various obstacles (ranging from enemies to problematic blocks, such as ones that break when stepped on multiple times, have spike traps, or weigh a lot). Unlike Q-bert, where the goal is to change the color of all the blocks on the stage while simply avoiding enemies and simple obstacles, Catherine has you climbing to the top of the stage (which is basically a tower of blocks) to reach the goal as you avoid enemies (either normal ones or the bosses themselves) and various obstacles that sometimes require thorough planning to get through. You can't stay in the same spot forever though, because the tower's lower sections eventually come loose and you'll find yourself falling into the abyss.

Some people like it for the story, while others love it for the puzzle gameplay (or both).
There's clearly people out there who only liked it for the fan service.
It also has a nice soundtrack that fits the game pretty well.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that Q-bert is a rather simplistic comparison, though it doesn't exactly get the whole point/mechanics across.
There's ledge grabbing, pushing/pulling blocks, and various obstacles (ranging from enemies to problematic blocks, such as ones that break when stepped on multiple times, have spike traps, or weigh a lot). Unlike Q-bert, where the goal is to change the color of all the blocks on the stage while simply avoiding enemies and simple obstacles, Catherine has you climbing to the top of the stage (which is basically a tower of blocks) to reach the goal as you avoid enemies (either normal ones or the bosses themselves) and various obstacles that sometimes require thorough planning to get through. You can't stay in the same spot forever though, because the tower's lower sections eventually come loose and you'll find yourself falling into the abyss.
Yeah, I never really liked puzzle games, especially with added pressure, the biggest problem with them is "Planning ahead"
I would make a excuse that I'm not a psychic or know the future, but I'll be more realistic. If it requires the same dedication, knowledge precision, and reflexes that it takes to play tetris or Puyo Puyo, then I don't stand a chance. :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1