ESRB shows listing for PC port of Atlus's Catherine

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 4, 2019.

Front-page
    IMG_2728.JPG

A rather odd picture has showed up over on the Steam page for Bayonetta. SEGA, who is in charge of publishing for the game, uploaded a picture of a sheep to the community page, with the simple caption of, "Baa". This led fans to believe that Catherine, another title that SEGA published, will soon make its way to PC. Furthermore, as of January 4, 2019, Catherine's ESRB rating has been updated to reflect a new platform: PC. A definitive version of the game titled Catherine: Full Body is currently in development for PlayStation 4, while the speculated PC version is thought to be for the original game, now called Catherine Classic. After this, yet another sheep tease appeared on an additional SEGA game page: Valkyria Chronicles 4. If this indeed is a port of the game to Steam, it would mark the first modern PC port for an Atlus developed title, perhaps paving the way for more of their games to head to the platform in the future.

:arrow: Bayonetta Page
    :arrow: Valkyria Chronicles Page
    :arrow: ESRB Rating

damiano2712, Vorde, Xzi and 7 others like this.
    Discussion (34 replies)
  1. fodder
    This message by fodder has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 4, 2019, Reason: One word post.
    Jan 4, 2019
  2. smileyhead

smileyhead So long, and thanks for all the fish

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    Wow, never heard of the game before. Is it any good?
    The art style looks pretty reminiscent of Persona 5.

3. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Catherine is a great game, but the real hype is that Atlus might have finally given in and decided that PC versions of their games is genius.

4. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    Oh man I dislike this game with a passion ^^

5. nxwing

nxwing Get in the van

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    Made by the same studio that made Persona 5.

It's nice to see more games published by Sega get published on PC. Pretty stoked when Yakuza Zero came out. I played Kiwami about a few weeks before Zero was announced for PC but I haven't really bought it since I want to own it on PS4. I'm fine with this as it'll get the games more exposure rather than being locked on one platform.

6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    It's the game Atlus developed as a 'test' for the graphics engine they would be using for P5 - which exlpains its similar look.

DS1 likes this.
  7. Skittyusedcovet

Skittyusedcovet Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty

Jul 16, 2018
    Canada
    Where cats are plentiful.
    I really want this game to come to the switch. I watched so many lets plays of this game years ago since I had no way to play it. Come on Nintendo show it to me.

8. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    They planned to use gamebryo but decides against it and made their own engine or p5

9. SpicySausage

SpicySausage Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2015
    United States
    TN
    Really hope that it ends up being Full Body that comes to PC. I'd rather not play anything on PS4.

10. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    playing this game on ps3 currently so far its amazing might need to cop the pc version too

11. KyleHyde

KyleHyde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I'm really excited to see that Catherine is actually getting ported to PC (loved the puzzles and the story itself being mixed into them). If it's just going to be the original version without any plans to port the content from Full Body, then I'll probably just play it on my Vita once that one's out instead.

12. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Baa

13. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What's the appeal of this game again? Is it because atlus is a popular game developer or what exactly? Someone told me it's like playing Q-bert and i hate that game. :blink:

14. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Addict

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    It is amazing if you like puzzle gameplay atleast, but the gameplay is really good as is the sound plus the story is just great

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You could call it that but it is similar but it's also not similar and that doesn't make much sense but i don't like Q-bert but i do enjoy Catherine a lot

15. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Please don't speak in kingdom hearts riddles, I can't take that anymore. :ninja:

16. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    PC listing on the ESRB page was years ago, nothing new there but the Australian PEGI page and the sega posts deffo are saying that its coming.

17. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    Kinda sad its not full body, but i'll probably still get it because its an amazing game

18. KyleHyde

KyleHyde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I suppose that Q-bert is a rather simplistic comparison, though it doesn't exactly get the whole point/mechanics across.
    There's ledge grabbing, pushing/pulling blocks, and various obstacles (ranging from enemies to problematic blocks, such as ones that break when stepped on multiple times, have spike traps, or weigh a lot). Unlike Q-bert, where the goal is to change the color of all the blocks on the stage while simply avoiding enemies and simple obstacles, Catherine has you climbing to the top of the stage (which is basically a tower of blocks) to reach the goal as you avoid enemies (either normal ones or the bosses themselves) and various obstacles that sometimes require thorough planning to get through. You can't stay in the same spot forever though, because the tower's lower sections eventually come loose and you'll find yourself falling into the abyss.

Some people like it for the story, while others love it for the puzzle gameplay (or both).
    There's clearly people out there who only liked it for the fan service.
    It also has a nice soundtrack that fits the game pretty well.

19. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, I never really liked puzzle games, especially with added pressure, the biggest problem with them is "Planning ahead"
    I would make a excuse that I'm not a psychic or know the future, but I'll be more realistic. If it requires the same dedication, knowledge precision, and reflexes that it takes to play tetris or Puyo Puyo, then I don't stand a chance. :blink:

20. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    switch port when??