PS1/2 ESR won't run burned game.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whenever I try to run ESR on FMCB it always says "Unknown Media In Drive". What do I do?
Is the game that you burned a CD-Based game on A DVD? You might have burned games like "Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex", which is a CD-Based game to a DVD. Also test if the disc drive can run official retail PS2 games.

Reactions: Alexander1970

VTAprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For reference I'm using a Verbatim DVD-R for burning the ISO's. I also patched the ISO's before burning too.
Use the slowest burning speed you can. Back in the day i use to burn them at 4x but with today´s recorders i think you can´t try to burn them at 8 or 16 maximum. Those DVD´s are fine. Always use DVD-R with the ps2.
Also check the freemcboot config ESR path. See if it´s correct.

Last edited by VTAprentice,
Reactions: Stealphie

MassiveBrainlet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the slowest burning speed you can. Back in the day i use to burn them at 4x but with today´s recorders i think you can´t try to burn them at 8 or 16 maximum. Those DVD´s are fine. Always use DVD-R with the ps2.
Also check the freemcboot config ESR path. See if it´s correct.
I burned it at 8x which is the max for my disc

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As stated, the image could be bad, could be a bad burn, or perhaps the laser is dirty or on its way out.

Can you verify it will run retail games?

A good way to test your media and laser is to burn a DVD movie to your Verbatim, if it plays the movie then it's a sign it can read your discs fine.

VTAprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IT could be a bad config of FMCB try this tutorial also see if there´s enough space in the memory card and if it still not booting download ESR again and copy it to the mc again. Sometimes when the memory card is almost full the files are not copied properly,

Last edited by VTAprentice,
Reactions: MassiveBrainlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs