PS1/2 ESR newbie

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just bought my mate's old ps2 (fat) and i plan to softmod it once i get hold of a action replay

just started 'aquiring' a game or 2 to patch with ESR - one i've got right now is 'Gradius_V_USA_PS2-PROTOCOL' it comes with 2 files a .bin and a .cue when i try to patch the .bin i get the following error

"no UDF descriptor"

i've tried converting the .bin file to a .iso file but i still get the same error

please help

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gradius V is a CD game. ESR does not support CD games, as its exploit has to treat the disc like a DVD video.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
velocity37 said:
Gradius V is a CD game. ESR does not support CD games, as its exploit has to treat the disc like a DVD video.
ah that explains a bit, i take it there's no way to convert/pad the game so it's compatiable with ESR?

would Memento patcher work?

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
velocity37 said:
Some CD games can be converted to DVD effortlessly, while others will be extremely difficult.

Here's a tutorial for creating DVD multi-discs from many CD games:
http://jolimule.ifrance.com/multi.html

Hopefully that works for some of the games you want to play. Good luck.

thanks for that

i've gone through most of that process (skipped that part about making multi game DVDs) - after extracting the CD files and using Scanlite on them i'm trying to create a DVD image with cddvd creator 1.5

got all the files in order etc and set the volume info - i'm trying to make an image but i get the following message:

"too short location length (less than 600000 sector)"

any ideas?
unsure.gif

EDIT - solved that problem by adding a 1gb dummy file

next problem:

i'm getting "the SCSI host adapter is not available"

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like cdvdgen doesn't like your hardware. Can you at least save an IML file?

Apache3 can create ISOs from IML files.
iML-2-DVD can also.

I believe UltraISO also supports importing IML files.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
velocity37 said:
Sounds like cdvdgen doesn't like your hardware. Can you at least save an IML file?

Apache3 can create ISOs from IML files.
iML-2-DVD can also.

I believe UltraISO also supports importing IML files.
thank you for that
yaypsp.gif

i managed to use imgburn in place of cdvdgen to create a ISO file which ESR patched fine - but i'll just have to wait until that action replay gets here before i can test it, almost undoubtly i've be using one of your suggest programs and half a dozen discs with the luck i've been having

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users