PS1/2 ESR... better than Memento?

abort_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: i tried searching the topics and couldnt search for esr since it was only 3 letters. i flipped through a few pages and didnt see a topic devoted to it and it seems to be fairly new news. if there is such a topic, i apologize. just tell me or delete this or whatever needs to be done.

i have just learned about the beta of ESR which is a program that can load ps2 backups via the memory card exploit. supposedly its better than Memento and you still have to patch discs. the program is also free. you still have to patch discs. here is the link:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/freevast/58441...ublic-beta.html

i couldnt get it to work, but i think my ps2's laser is dying. i will try to try it on another console. however, it sounds promising.

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try with the older version r7a instead. I used the r7a and it works. Did you patch your games with the memento patcher?

abort_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried 7a and i patched with the memento patcher. i get a white screen (instead of a black screen that i got with memento).

im pretty sure its just my laser. its been taking longer and longer for non-backup games to load recently. i have a fat ps2.

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games have you tried? I have a NTSC v4 and so far, all the games I patched have been working perfectly

abort_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk 4, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Silent Hill: Origins all NSTC

i think thats about it. i dont like making coasters.

edit: im pretty sure its my laser. i couldnt even get backups to load with cogswap. that was my last hope. maybe i will try the hdd method.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can load backups with both Swap Magic and Cogswap, but have not been able to get anything to work with the ESR method. I patched a few games yesterday with the patcher that comes with Memento firmware 1.1 and was using free mcboot 1.5 and the ESR elf (actually various ones: 8-9, from usb stick, memory card, and hard drive, but none worked). All I get is a black screen, no colors or anything. On the latest ESR elf, I also get a screen that says ESR before it goes to black, then nothing happens.

I've tried different elfs and different patchers, but none work for me. And I too have a fat PS2. So I'm just sticking with the hard drive. It a game doesn't work for there, I'll just buy a copy used somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/