djsika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so i got my memor32 and heard its not very good but works if i use freemcboot with esr 9b, i've set it up and a few games work using freemcboot/esr9b but most games dont such as Ghost busters, Naruto Ninja storm 2,3 and 4, i've patched them with ESR patcher but they just dont load, any ideas people?

maybe i've missed something

djsika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe i've done something wrong then, by any chance can you send me what files i need so i can load them off a usb and install them ? im using vebatim DVD-R and i've tried 2.4x 4x 8x and all of them dont work with ghostbusters, i've got a different ghostbusters image and i'm still having the same problem, it does the ESR funni colours then its blank, if i open tray it says ghostbusters blablabla when i shut it it says please wait but nothing more happens, maybe my setup is incorrect, but then why would some games work and some wouldnt? i'm using Free McBoot v1.8b & ESR with ESR patcher (both latest versions)

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
actually 100% of the games I have tried (over 100) work with freeMCboot just if it dont work with ESR just use cogswap (disk swapping needed) with unpatched disk. I don't know how to help you more than that ; it should work.

djsika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i figured out the problem, its my ps2, the laser seems to be going on it i think, makes silly noises when trying to read, also the softmod works on friends ps2, with all the games i burnt, guess its time fo a new one
frown.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Not just yet you need to open your PS2 You have a fat ps2 by the sound of it. Am i rite?
The clicking sound is a loose laser guide on your worm drive if its a plastic guide you will need a lighter to heat it so you can bend the guide down just a little bit to make better contact with the worm drive and if its a steal guide just bend it down a little. While you have the lid off you might as well clean the laser with a cotton tip (i call them ear cleaners) and disc cleaner just put a little on the tip and in a circle motion clean the lens.When removing the top cover be careful not to damage the connector to the power button. If your unsure just google a guide to take your PS2 apart

djsika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Not just yet you need to open your PS2 You have a fat ps2 by the sound of it. Am i rite?
The clicking sound is a loose laser guide on your worm drive if its a plastic guide you will need a lighter to heat it so you can bend the guide down just a little bit to make better contact with the worm drive and if its a steal guide just bend it down a little. While you have the lid off you might as well clean the laser with a cotton tip (i call them ear cleaners) and disc cleaner just put a little on the tip and in a circle motion clean the lens.When removing the top cover be careful not to damage the connector to the power button. If your unsure just google a guide to take your PS2 apart

i hav a ps2 slim, any chance of fixing this? or do i just run off external hdd instead, if i can fix without spending too much i will have a go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM