Eshop won't download certain games on emunand 10.5

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by runetoonxx2, Jan 27, 2016.

1. runetoonxx2
    OP

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    Trying pkmn rumble world and it stops on 97% and the project mirai update won't download either all others work for some reason

2. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    did you install them originally as CIAs, or were they downloaded from eshop beforehand?

3. runetoonxx2
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    I downloaded all my games as cias then I found that rumble worlds update wasn't installing from the eshop so I deleted it and tried to install rumble world from eshop and it didn't work

4. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    yea, see if you can find the update for rumble world as a .cia. Eshop does not like games you previously installed as .cias. Ive found smash updates, pokemon gen6 updates, so I'm sure the latest update for these other games in .cia form.

5. runetoonxx2
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    Ahh I was just wondering cause I got my pkmn games as cias and the eshop still installed their updates lol

6. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    nope. If you installed the games as CIAs, you have to install updates as CIAs as well.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  7. runetoonxx2
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    Rly? The pkmn games got their updates from the eshop but I got the game as cia

8. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    weird. must have been a coincidence, unless you had the game legitimately before.

9. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    Pretty sure you can install the update via eShop, even on cia games UNLESS you installed the same/or older update via cia, too.

Installing a cia installs a fake ticket in your ticket.db file. So even if you deleted the game and try to download the game legit via eShop, your 3ds will try use the saved fake ticket, so it will fail to install.

Main Game and Updates uses different tickets, so if you installed the game via cia, you can download the update via the eShop without any problems unless you installed an update for that game earlier via the cia, too.

kiwiis likes this.
  10. The_Nanobots

The_Nanobots Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Specificity the cia of Project Mirari on "that iso site" has been edited to be version 1.0 while the one on the eshop, as well as the one on the game card is version 1.10. So I tries to re download the entire game instead of updating. It is the exact same version though, so you are free to just ignore the update prompt, or you can download the fixed version of Project Mirai on "that iso site". Either way It is still the same game.

With Pokemon Rumble world you might just want to try a different dump of the cia.

11. runetoonxx2
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    Kk ty