OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
3DS is getting its long awaited e-Shop firmware update tomorrow (June 7). We already provided a preview of what to expect from the update last week. Today, Nintendo came clean on an unexpected feature for owners of Ridge Racer 3D.

Once you've updated your 3DS, Ridge Racer 3D will freeze in certain areas. The conditions for the bug appear to be very specific. Before starting a Single Play or Grand Prix race, if you press B from the Machine Select or Race Select screens, the screen may freeze.

You can avoid the freeze by not pressing B at those screens. Nintendo says that it will offer another firmware update in mi June to clear up the problem.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/0...irmware_freeze/

I wonder if I can 100% the game before the update rolls in...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DigitalDeviant

Yeah, I didn't know why you trying make it sound that way...

Although I wonder why that certain game.

I rather not wait longer for the update...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ridge Racer isn't made by Nintendo so they could of chosen to ignore it all together.

I'm guessing no updates for carts then, just system updates..

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the first update, major or minor, for the system. There is only a small pool of games and even if it's extremely minor, it broke something. It doesn't bode well for the future. It's reasonable to foresee future updates braking obscure things in future games or Nintendo releasing updates as little as possible if they can't get it together. I'm confident Nintendo will get their act together, even if their track record with the Wii and DSi updates are terrible.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Heran Bago said:
It's the first update, major or minor, for the system. There is only a small pool of games and even if it's extremely minor, it broke something. It doesn't bode well for the future. It's reasonable to foresee future updates braking obscure things in future games or Nintendo releasing updates as little as possible if they can't get it together. I'm confident Nintendo will get their act together, even if their track record with the Wii and DSi updates are terrible.
Actually, it's the second update. The first one is the one that added the 3D video (White knuckles in America, for example), and it didn't break anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1