[eShop] Terraria and Steamworld Heist

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DjoeN, Dec 10, 2015.

1. DjoeN
    OP

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Anyone already got 1 of these games? (or both)
    Just wondering if there worth the money to spend on 3DS.

2. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Terraria 3DS doesn't seem to have multiplayer right now judging on the screenshots. To me that's a pretty huge strike against it.

Terraria is a good game. The best way I could describe it is adventure with a bit of Minecraft thrown in. It's better when you play with friends, but it looks like that is not possible with the 3DS version at the time of this post.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Rytmik Ultimate 3ds too. :)

Huge week for eshop.

4. yodamerlin

yodamerlin Bok bok.

Apr 1, 2014
    Playing Steamworld: Heist. It's gooood.

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Scarlet Sword

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Haven't downloaded it but the Nintendo page says 1-4 players, so I'd assume it has multiplayer. Can't confirm though ^^

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Terraria-1038456.html

6. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    I think that's local multiplayer only tho (online would surprise me tbh).

topic: SteamWorld Heist is a great game, I really enjoyed reviewing and playing it. I loved Dig already but Heist is really awesome, too. Image & Form definitely know how to make good games.

7. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I'm currently enjoying the 3DS version of Terraria, I'll be playing Steamworld Heist soon, it's waiting to be played for sure.
    So far in Terraria I've just beaten Skeletron and entered the dungeon, it's a very competent port of the mobile version and works great, with only occasional framerate dips but retains smooth play.
    The only real downside has been the very small world sizes, and the occasional control limitation like not having a dedicate buff or heal button.

I'm especially curious to see if there's any potential exploit waiting in Terraria, since the game I think loads maps and character info from the SD card?

8. WARvault

WARvault Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    I picked up SteamWorld Heist with the last of my "15% off" eShop card. I feel like Terraria will be one of those games that gets big discounts on a regular basis. I am literally betting on it!

9. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    It's nothing new, all eShop titles gets discount on a regular basis, except BigN's titles.

Pip'