Hacking Eshop roms

cartoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got my 3ds and would like to know what is the possibility of eshop games being played on flashcards.Correct me if I am wrong, but if i get a gateway card I wont be able to access the shop and buy games available there...

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Areas is correct, but smeleum is making significant progress in the custom firmware front. If he can get a good CFW running that can run unsigned code, then we might be able to run downloaded titles straight off the SD card.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Areas is correct, but smeleum is making significant progress in the custom firmware front. If he can get a good CFW running that can run unsigned code, then we might be able to run downloaded titles straight off the SD card.
I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Remember that Smealum is against piracy. And from what I know running unsigned code and running actual game files downloaded on another 3DS are not quite the same.

Reactions: IronClouds

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame that Smealum is against piracy, hopefully our white knight will rise somewhere. Maybe someone with edit his CFW to enable piracy, who knows... but that would be awesome.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a shame that Smealum is against piracy, hopefully our white knight will rise somewhere. Maybe someone with edit his CFW to enable piracy, who knows... but that would be awesome.
If he's going to enable piracy I'm sure there's others with a differing opinion of the guy than "white knight" :rofl:

Reactions: joby419 and NEP

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see any justification whatsoever for eShop roms.
Retail roms sure, backup for more convenient storage (if/when MultiROM is out).

Stealing eShop games,though, can only hurt the developer, especially when a lot of the games have demos available, making the "try before you buy" excuse obsolete.

Just buy the games using EmuNAND, support the Devs so we can eventually see Phoenix Wright making a retail cartridge comeback.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Stealing eShop games,though, can only hurt the developer, especially when a lot of the games have demos available, making the "try before you buy" excuse obsolete.

Just buy the games using EmuNAND, support the Devs so we can eventually see Phoenix Wright making a retail cartridge comeback.
Which will then get pirated :P (I agree though, there's no reason other than plain piracy. Although it might perhaps be nice for those who lost their legit games because of a lost 3DS. But mostly piracy)

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which will then get pirated :P (I agree though, there's no reason other than plain piracy. Although it might perhaps be nice for those who lost their legit games because of a lost 3DS. But mostly piracy)

Yeah, I had monster hunter 3, animal crossing, and a few other "indie" games bought from the E-shop. My old 3DS broke, and I mistakenly threw away the cover that has the serial on it, so I can't even have nintendo transfer them to my new 3DS. (I still have the old 3
DS mobo though). I wish I could get my monster hunter back :[

PercentSevenC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's all good and well, assuming the game you want is actually available in your region's eShop.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was thinking if we could dump the eshop games the same way like we can dump the games on 2.0 release.
Yeh you need to first have to buy them.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why not just buy the games you play? I'll admit the DS and Wii scenes had me pirating and not giving a damn about the devs but ever since I bought a 3DS I haven't had the want to be able to pirate games. Support the devs if you like their games. I can understand the idea behind backups but that will just lead to flat out piracy. I personally buy my games either used (yeah I know this doesn't give the devs any money but perhaps the person I bought it from will make another purchase from said dev) or when I find a very good sale. The truth is though, that I don't have the concentration to play games for hours and days and weeks on end and thus I don't really get around to playing very many games.

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question is a bit OT but if I purchase New Leaf from the eshop in gw classic mode (emunand 7.1), will I be able to play it without save problems?

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question is a bit OT but if I purchase New Leaf from the eshop in gw classic mode (emunand 7.1), will I be able to play it without save problems?

Somebody else correct me if I am wrong, but I know that when you play pokemon and animal crossing with legit cartridges the save type is based on 4.5 firmware so it will not work in another up to date 3ds, but since you are playing from the eshop you cant swap 3ds anyways so that isn't a problem. I would think the problem would arise if gateway ever supported 4.5+ because the save file is set to 4.5. Once again these answers are based on what I have read about actual cartridges. Anyone please feel free to correct or agree with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn