1. sethyboy

OP sethyboy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm going to be hacking my vWii pretty soon so I can play GC/Wii backups. I am aware that you can't play backups from disc on Wii U, and you have to use a USB drive or an SD card.

So my question is, I already have a sizable USB HDD connected to my Wii U that's being used for legit games I've purchased from the eShop. Could I use this same HDD to load GC/Wii backups in vWii as well? Or do I need to get a separate drive?

I've looked around, but most of what I see is you can't have Wii U backups and GC/Wii backups on the same drive. Is it different for legit Wii U games, though?

2. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    You will need a second drive. Your "Wii U" drive is in a proprietary format, and there's no way of adding a secondary FAT32/NTFS partition to it.

If you want to leave both drives connected at the same time, you can use UStealth to hide your vWii drive from the Wii U system. Note that any homebrew or usb loaders you're using will have to be UStealth-compatible (most of them have been updated for this).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (legit), backups, eShop