Gaming eshop game with many hours of gameplay?

Zarxrax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looking for something out of the eshop that I will be able to keep playing for a long time. Are there any good rpgs or anything like that? Or just something that stays fun for hours on end?
Not looking for virtual console games, btw.

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By your definition, stay away from Liberation Maiden and Mighty Switch Force.

EscapeVektor offers a lengthy campaign (about 10-12 hours), and medals, achievements and high score boards will increase that quite a bit. A bargain at $10.
Dillon's Rolling Western is also very lengthy (similar time) but is very difficult and repetitive (which is to be expected, it's a tower defense game)
You missed the Fluidity sale, but if you get used to the gyro controls it's great fun and about 14 hours for $11.
Of the two RPGs I can think of, Denpa Men is very lengthy but only get it if you like Dungeon Crawlers. Haven't played Crimson Shroud but it's supposed to be considerably shorter (8 hours, play it twice though)

Milder recommendations

X-Scape is DSiWare and only 6-10 hours (an extra 2 for 100%) but IMO it's hands down the best game on the eShop at $8. This is the game that needs a 3DS sequel based off of graphics alone.
Pushmo/Crashmo offer lots of content for your money with level editors and QR levels, but I'm not too keen on Pushmo. Crashmo is much better but shorter and pricier.
Mutant Mudds also offers a lengthy campaign for a 2D platformer (8 hours) but I'm not too enamored with it. The art style is suspect (12-bit? What the fuck is 12-bit?), the game offers no real innovation and it's rather slow paced with some lame level design (leaps of faith and bad enemy placement hooray). Also, the DLC levels are some of the worst atrocities in gaming history, the entire thing is made up of leaps of faith and twitch/memorization gameplay.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mutant Mudds is an awesome 2d side scroller. Even after beating it, I keep replaying it. I just like 2d side scrollers though, I do not about you. Try the demo. Also, Pushmo and Crashmo are long games with plenty of levels and high reviews.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
There isnt really any RPG games that will keep you going for ages on Eshop, especially if you are looking non-VC so ill just recommend some other games.

Super little acorns 3D turbo - Platformer with worms like ninja rope action. Cheap and actually kinda fun, has a decent ammount of content too for its price altho its really not anything like an RPG, its just a ton of levels where you jump/swing around collecting acorns and it has speed challanges/complitionist style gameplay too. Probably the best game iv got from Eshop for its price.

Plants vs zombies - No explaination needed, its plants vs zombies.

Resident evil Mercenaries 3D - On Eshop now for a cheap price compared to the real cart and altho its somewhat of a cheap port cash-in, its still pretty fun and has an online mode so it gives it some decent replayability, wouldnt of bought this in cart from so to see it on Eshop for almost half its store price was a bargin.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ketzal's Corridors will take you a while, and Tetris Axis is $10.

I actually dumped a ton of time into Crimson Shroud *BUT* that will entail repeated playthroughs to get that sort of playtime out of it.

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plants vs zombies - No explaination needed, its plants vs zombies.

Resident evil Mercenaries 3D - On Eshop now for a cheap price compared to the real cart and altho its somewhat of a cheap port cash-in, its still pretty fun and has an online mode so it gives it some decent replayability, wouldnt of bought this in cart from so to see it on Eshop for almost half its store price was a bargin.

The DSiWare version of PvZ sucks compared to Smartphones.

In the US, RE: Mercenaries and Revelations are the same price. And I'd say Revelations is the superior game (though be warned, it's over 3 gigabytes)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
In the US, RE: Mercenaries and Revelations are the same price. And I'd say Revelations is the superior game (though be warned, it's over 3 gigabytes)

It is. I have both. They are the same price tho? wow the US got ripped, on UK eshop mercs is like £8 compared to £25 for revelations.

Also to the guy who recommended denpa men, i checked videos of that out and it actually looks kinda fun and RPG style and iv not heard of that before so i might just get that myself, thanks!

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
A couple of these I haven't heard of before sound interesting, I might check out denpa men and this squirrel game.
If you want Denpamen, wait for the 30th because Denpamen 2 will release then and it is a big improvement as it adds a lot of stuff to the original, like fishing mini-games, overworld, riding ships to scour seas, etc.

C_o_d_y_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's Petit Computer, which would allow you to download many homemade games. I programmed for it for a while too, but that may not be for everyone. There are a ton of games that have been made for it. There is a Harvest Moon type game, plenty of vertical shooters, some RPGs. I'd recommend it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?