errr about that guest block

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by xflash, Jan 13, 2006.

Jan 13, 2006

errr about that guest block by xflash at 3:42 PM (680 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. xflash
    OP

Member xflash Local Ninja

Featured Posts:
    Norway
    meh i was just messing aounrd as a guest to see how that guest block script workd an guess what i found a way around it which should probaly be fixed

all ya hafta do is to go to a user's profile (in whatever way ya wish) then click on Find member's topics or Find member's posts there ya have it if ya click on the title of the topic you'll be taken there thus enable you to read it (sure its inconvinient but it works)

edited: opps typo in the topic title could a mod mind fixing that to block instead of blcok

2. X-Gamer

Former Staff X-Gamer GBATemp RPG Master

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Just went and checked it out as a guest. Sure, it shows all the member's posts but only from the GBATemp Magazine News forum where the guests are allowed to view. Trying to view the member's topics from their profile won't work thought.
    The guest block script seems to work just fine so I don't think there's anything that need fixing.

3. xflash
    OP

Featured Posts:
    Norway
    eh really? well in that case i guess it must be becuase im faking that im the google bot (hehe i found a way to do it a few days ago it's really fun you guys should try it sometime)

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Featured Posts:
    I would love to see a post from the Google bot [​IMG]

5. xflash
    OP

Featured Posts:
    Norway
    no i can't do that it just tricks the site into thinking im the google bot thus allowing me to acces member only areas

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Seriously though, who's going to go to all that trouble just to read the forum posts without signing up?