Errors saving GBA and NDS on Supercard Mini SD

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by canvasch, Dec 5, 2006.

Dec 5, 2006
  1. canvasch
    OP

Newcomer canvasch Advanced Member

United States
    i can't save any of my games.... not even the real time save is working.... when i "out" them in the supercard program the save is on "no" i believe that is the problem.. is there anyway for me to turn that to "yes"

what i do is take the roms, put them in the supercard program and "out" them to my miniSD.... i can play them easily enough but when i save it doesn't work... the save file is on there, in the same folder as the rom... on some games (such as tetris ds and sonic rush) when i start them i get error messages ("game corrupt" "save file corrupt" "file corrupt" "file error") i just hit the "a" button and it takes me to the games main menu/intro.... and the game plays fine.... i know there is a way to save, what am i doing wrong?

i tried the "L+R+A+Select" for the nds games and it doesn't bring up anything, though it does bring up the "save, load" option on the GBA games...... but when i select save on the GBA games it doesn't work.. sure it loads up the % from 0 to 100.. but then i turn it off and turn it back on and go to load (in the real time save menu) and it acts like it's loading up but it doesn't... it just goes back to wherever i was when i accessed the real time save menu.

please help, i've tried google and tutorials (to see if i installed the supercard software wrong and if i was putting roms onto the supercard the wrong way) and i can't seem to find anything for this particular problem... i looked through the threads on here and it seems that with the gba save other people have a simular problem but at least their realtimesave feature works... where-as mine doesn't... thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. canvasch
    OP

Newcomer canvasch Advanced Member

United States
    ok when i got the supercard i updated it to the newest firmware.... since it wasn't saving and i looked all over the net and posted here and on another forum i decided to downgrade the firmware... so i downgraded the firmware hoping that would fix it... it didn't... so i then re-updated the firmware and it worked........... ... i guess i just had to go from a version that was 1 lower than the newest version then upgrade to that... instead of making a huge leap like i originally did... yay it works.. everything is right in the world.