Hacking Errors On Luma CFW Install

jtarules89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning gbatemp users. My buddy managed to soft brick his 2ds trying to install Luma CFW on the latest firmware. I managed to un soft brick it using the Cubic Ninja method. For some reason when I boot to the home screen the top screen is offset to the right still. As well as when I try to boot into soundhax to try and finish and or re do the install of the steps to get to Luma CFW. The homebrew launcher never loads it just freezes. Anyone have any solutions for these two issues?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Good morning gbatemp users. My buddy managed to soft brick his 2ds trying to install Luma CFW on the latest firmware. I managed to un soft brick it using the Cubic Ninja method. For some reason when I boot to the home screen the top screen is offset to the right still. As well as when I try to boot into soundhax to try and finish and or re do the install of the steps to get to Luma CFW. The homebrew launcher never loads it just freezes. Anyone have any solutions for these two issues?
Sounds like you are still on 2.1, in which case you shouldn't be using soundhax. You should be using the browser. Please follow the guide exactly.

If this isn't the case please tell us what step and section you're on, and what firmware the console is on.

Reactions: HyperT

jtarules89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my buddy got to the step of dumping the nand, and then his sd card was not big enough to back up the nand image. So thats when he bricked it, as far as the firmware I would guess it is still on 2.1 like you said.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well my buddy got to the step of dumping the nand, and then his sd card was not big enough to back up the nand image. So thats when he bricked it, as far as the firmware I would guess it is still on 2.1 like you said.
By the way, a brick is when the console is completely non functional, which is not the case here (as far as I can tell).
You have to make a NAND dump in more than one place in the guide, need actual step and section.
You can proceed without a NAND backup, and do a 9.2 CTR transfer instead of restoring the NAND backup when you get to that part.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, a brick is when the console is completely non functional, which is not the case here (as far as I can tell).
You have to make a NAND dump in more than one place in the guide, need actual step and section.
You can proceed without a NAND backup, and do a 9.2 CTR transfer instead of restoring the NAND backup when you get to that part.
They said soft-brick; sounds like it was a 2.1 downgrade ==> panic ==> system format ==> stuck at 3d slider soft-brick.

Rather than continuing with the guide.
[browser to install a9lh => 9.2 ctrnand ==> update ==> inject files if need be ==> etc.]

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
They said soft-brick; sounds like it was a 2.1 downgrade ==> panic ==> system format ==> stuck at 3d slider soft-brick.

Rather than continuing with the guide.
[browser to install a9lh => 9.2 ctrnand ==> update ==> inject files if need be ==> etc.]
He can access 3DS Sound, it's not a brick, soft or otherwise :
as well as when I try to boot into soundhax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.