Homebrew Errors keep occurring on my N3DS after updating to 10.3.

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a user of themehax, and I successfully installed OOThax. I then updated and booted up the eShop. I got an error, and went back on the home menu. I launched my browser and an error occurred again. I tried launching OOThax and got another error. The browser and OOThax both kicked me back to home menu.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You did install the 10.3 payloads before updating, right..RIGHT?!
No.
I was a user of themehax, and I successfully installed OOThax. I then updated and booted up the eShop. I got an error, and went back on the home menu. I launched my browser and an error occurred again. I tried launching OOThax and got another error. The browser and OOThax both kicked me back to home menu.
I think you should call Nintendo about this. If you can't access native apps that's a problem.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea thats a good idea, they will totally help you if you ay "I am a themehax user and installed OOThax."

You gave me a idea

Rep: Sir do you have any third party software on your 3DS.
Customer: Yes, In fact I have gateway
Rep: What's gateway
Customer Lets you play games that you have to pay for free
*Phone hangs up*

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
You gave me a idea

Rep: Sir do you have any third party software on your 3DS.
Customer: Yes, In fact I have gateway
Rep: What's gateway
Customer Lets you play games that you have to pay for free
*Phone hangs up*
xD
Rep : Sir do you have any third part software on your 3DS?
Customer : Ye, i have Themehax ninjhax browserhax OOThax UPAHhax Smashhax Gateway Rxtools and homebrew...
*Rep hangs up*

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your advice. I'm glad someone read this before updating, so they don't have to go through the same thing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could try holding down L+R+UP+A and then power the 3ds up (yes I know it's awkward) then re-install the update. You're already on the latest firmware so it couldn't hurt.
I got an error when attempting to update.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I know OoTHax is merely a savestate hack, it doesn't alter anything permanently on a FW level and therefore shouldn't be the cause of your problems. My knowledge as far as 3DS goes is somewhat limited but here are a few points. Did anything interrupt the update while you were performing it? Was it from an official update or were you attempting it manually? Have you picked an theme since you stopped using themehax? (i.e. possibly the data might be screwing with your system? until you pick a theme and clear it.) Have you been screwing around with HANS changing the region etc on system apps like settings/eshop? What do the errors say specifically? It sounds like your firmware is corrupt to me.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea yeah, did you change the DNS back assuming you were using tubehax or to avoid the browser nag etc. If you also didn't update the OoTHax payload then ya that would potentially explain all of the issues, or did update the payload but didn't successfully update the 3DS.

Last edited by Santaros,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool