Hacking Error while trying to install the newest DLC for Zelda Botw

Scelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So everytime I install the DLC for Zelda Botw I get an error (not with a code just the WiiU telling me that the "additional content" is broken and needs to be deleted and reinstalled.

I'm using WUP Installer GX2 with Mocha CFW.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So everytime I install the DLC for Zelda Botw I get an error (not with a code just the WiiU telling me that the "additional content" is broken and needs to be deleted and reinstalled.

Why are you using WUP Installer if the update and DLC are downloaded automatically by the Wii U itself using NNU Patcher?

Scelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why are you using WUP Installer if the update and DLC are downloaded automatically by the Wii U itself using NNU Patcher?
I don't really know what you're talking about, (I'm still a little new to the WiiU homebrew/hacking scene) but I downloaded the updates/dlc through WiiUUSBHelper

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't really know what you're talking about, (I'm still a little new to the WiiU homebrew/hacking scene) but I downloaded the updates/dlc through WiiUUSBHelper
Oh okay.
Let me try to explain myself a little bit.

First off, you already have the DLC working without any CFW?
This is important before I can proceed with the explanation.

Scelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh okay.
Let me try to explain myself a little bit.

First off, you already have the DLC working without any CFW?
This is important before I can proceed with the explanation.
I don't really know what you mean with that?

I thought I needed to be in CFW to basically install the DLC? o.o

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

You need to run Mocha before running the game with the DLC installed. If you don't want to run Mocha everytime, you need to patch the ticket of the game with a good ticket (the free DLC for example).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't really know what you mean with that?

I thought I needed to be in CFW to basically install the DLC? o.o
Basically this:
You need to run Mocha before running the game with the DLC installed. If you don't want to run Mocha everytime, you need to patch the ticket of the game with a good ticket (the free DLC for example).
There are two methods to get DLC working right now on a Wii U.
  1. This is what I call the lazy way, in which you run Mocha CFW or any other CFW with signature patches and then install the DLC, but this will require you to run said CFW if you want to play the DLC content in BotW.
  2. This is a more technical hack, which requires you to dump the ticket.tik file using FTPii U Everywhere, and then Hex editing the file to move around a legit key from the fake ones.
    This is the one I use, if you do this method, you can play BotW without the need of a CFW, simply turn on the Wii U and play right away.

Scelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you explain me how that works? (and maybe explain the tickets a bit further)

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, right now if you want to play Zelda, you have to launch Mocha every time you reboot your console since the game is installed with unlegit DLC (you didn't pay for the DLC did you?).
So run Mocha like you did before installing the DLC and you will be good to go. And you'll have to do that every time you want to play the game.

Or, you can follow THIS GUIDE and play without launching Mocha everytime you want to run BotW.

First method is WAY easier, second one will be faster in the long run.

Reactions: fikoulli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs