Hacking Error updating R4DSi

mickh101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the new R4DSi card on my NDS with the R4-i English v1.09b firmware and it was working week. Today though I attempted to update to use R4-i English v1.10b and now it doesn't work. I get the startup screen as usual but when I click on the R4i-SDHC option all I get appearing on the top screen is a little red box (in the shape of an SD card) with a question mark and the word MENU. Does anyone know what I could have done wrong?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what you did in the first place, because the most recent firmware on www.r4i-sdhc.com is still 1.09b. Odds are you downloaded something meant to be used on another cart.

josephbloseph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mickh101 said:
I've been using the new R4DSi card on my NDS with the R4-i English v1.09b firmware and it was working week. Today though I attempted to update to use R4-i English v1.10b and now it doesn't work. I get the startup screen as usual but when I click on the R4i-SDHC option all I get appearing on the top screen is a little red box (in the shape of an SD card) with a question mark and the word MENU. Does anyone know what I could have done wrong?
Yes, based on the fact that you are calling it an R4-i, and refer to the R4i-SDHC with a firmware version not listed on the R4i-SDHC, it sounds like you are mixing R4s. It is worth noting that the main reason why people on these forums recommend against the purchase of R4 branded cards is that they are all clones and knockoffs of other cards. As such, you need to make sure to get your firmware or kernel from the site listed on your card, as they are not interchangeable with any other card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1